Before starting the clutch and flywheel I had some unfinished business on the gear train. Made the brass bearing blocks and replaced the socket head screws with hex head on the stack, side plates and smoke box cover frame. Filled an "extra" hole on the horn plates as I used a different gear ratio than original. I used TIG weld brazing rod because the heat input (amps) is lower on thin sheet like this. Used a dirty piece of brass as backing. This is an old auto customizing trick when filling emblem holes on fenders.
The flywheel is fabricated and brazed like Rudy suggests, but I added a inner rim part to avoid seeing the spoke holes and also give a hard stop surface for the clutch shoes. All steel construction. Also made the front piece to tie together the horn plates so the bearings are solid and all axles and countershafts rotate freely.
The shoes were made from a scrap threaded coupling using my brand new Eccentric Engineering tangential tool on the lathe. It leaves a superior finish compared to inserts, but extends too far to be very useful on the 7x14 lathe which lacks rigidity.
It works fine on the 9x20 lathe.
Made the shoe sector arm out of 1/8 hot rolled plate. Shoes attach to the plate using 2-56 screws. Made four shoes because of PI, and so I could adjust the design without starting over from scratch.
Made tiny Heim joints using 2-56 threaded rod and 3/16 round bar drilled 0.086 through.
Used 3/16 hex tapped 2-56 for turnbuckles. Didn't finish, but it's looking good so far.