2 Cycle Engine from Bar Stock

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As promised, I quickly (for me) drew up a modified version of the Wombat. I did not draw a carb or ignition system, just the internal parts. You can use the Wombat systems or a Walboro WT-157-1 and a CD ignition. I included a simple block crankcase as well as a more Wombat like version. Plates that I didn't draw cover the transfer passages in the block. I think this is about as simple as a two stroke gets, but I assumed some engine building experience. If anyone actually wants to build one, I would be glad to go into more detail. The drawings haven't been checked so they probably contain errors. I would draw an assembly as the minimum check.
Lohring Miller

Thanks for the drawing, quite a change from the original. I was checking the drawing closely because I would be interested in building one. Correct me if I`m wrong but the big end of the connecting rod give a radius of 1/4 and hole diameter of.312 the small end 7/16 radius and hole diameter .250

thanks

eyeballing the pic, guessing 7/16 should be 'diameter'

2-21-2016 0000.jpg

eyeballing the pic, guessing 7/16 should be 'diameter'

that's what I came up to:)

it gives the same wahl thickness .1875 at both end Thm:

but it could also mean that the edge have a radius of 1/4 :confused:

cheers

Last edited:
I believe the circles with the lines thru them are a drafting convention meaning "Diameter".
At least that's how I have read them.
Ron

Should probably have been 7/32" R on the plan which would give the 7/16 diameter

Luc wall thickness will be 3/32" not 3/16"

You are right, it should be diameter. As I said, the drawings haven't been checked. I bet there are more mistakes. Assemble the parts in a drawing to be sure everything fits.

Lohring Miller

A final note:
This is a lower cost series of programs for two stroke porting. Some of the relationships are empirical but are based on decades if experience. I'm not sure how they would apply to really small engines, but they should be a good guide. Port time area calculators and port height versus angle programs apply to all two strokes.
http://www.porting-programs.com/

Lohring Miller

Back