'Vickie' Stirling Engine - Jerry Howell Design

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard - thank you for enquiring. The answer is slowly - so many other things just keep getting in the way. I am "just" left with making the oiler and stand. Almost everything else in complete. The carb took ages and I tried to make a 0.005 thick copper float but it didn't float so I reverted to cork. I have been using O rings to seal the head, timing plate and the halves of the crank case using a mixture of 0.5, 1 and 1.5mm O rings. It seems to be a very successful approach. I decided to use the Wyvern contact breaker design since I viewed the motor vehicle contact ugly. I'm just about to machine the contact spring. I then need to make all the screws and nuts.
I guess my slowness is due to trying to make the engine as good as possible as opposed to just finishing it as quick as possible. The problem with this approach is that I have several engines I want to build but the years are flying by!!!!
Thanks Mike

1706968246008.png
1706969206298.png

Latest posts

Back