Small V8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cliff said:
Steve first let me say that you have a fantastic talent and words can't describe how great your build is I have been following all your builds from day one almost. I have a question about the powder you put on your rings is it the same as Case Harding or is it something different. Cliff

It might be i'm not sure. There is a link to the product in post #695. (about 10 posts back). Take a look and see. It is an anti-scale product. Case harding is more of a quench liquid right?

the powder use for case hardeningis called casinite, but it is used to give a hard case on the out side and still soft on the inside.it will not help with the scale and the rings are so thin the case would go all the way through. just a piece of paper in the foil is all you need . just make sure each side has 3 folds and it will be air tight. jonesie

Steve, I was having problems with photobucket a few days ago, but it seems to be working fine for me now. Are you still getting the maintenance screen when going onto the photobucket site?

Kel

kcmillin said:
Steve, I was having problems with photobucket a few days ago, but it seems to be working fine for me now. Are you still getting the maintenance screen when going onto the photobucket site?

Kel

I sure am. I can go onto the pb site and see some stuff but not mine.

I can't wait to here all your "babys" purr like new born kittens Steve, seems like I've been following this thread for ages but its only a few months under a year! Will you being doing any dyno testing? Like... one naturally aspirated and one with the AWESOME looking supercharger? Thanks, and keep up the good work!

BlakeMcKee said:
I can't wait to here all your "babys" purr like new born kittens
Will you being doing any dyno testing?

If I get these camshafts right, there wont be much purring going on.

I won't test the output power. I really don't care about that stuff. I just want them to look, sound, and smell good!!

stevehuckss396 said:
I just want them to look, sound, and smell good!!

:big: :big: And I thing you are achieving that completely! :big: :big:
This is be an awesome model engine!!! I am totally amazed!

stevehuckss396 said:
If I get these camshafts right, there wont be much purring going on.

For me, a hot cam with a rough idle IS purring :big: :big:

Kel

Hi Steve,

I can not see the images ... what could it be? ???

See the attachment...

Thank you,

Alexandre

erros.jpg

Hi Steve,

The look is great !!!

Very cool... congratulations!!!

Take care,

Alexandre

Wow, It's beautiful Steve! The whole package looks incredible together.

Kel

Magnificent :bow: :bow: :bow:
Pete

Alexandre, Kel, Pete, and everybody who has commented, Thanks for the positive comments. Won't be much going on with the thread for a few weeks. Everything is shined up and packed to take to the NAMES show. Will go down Friday to setup and spend both Sat and Sun talking to people and enjoying the show.

Cheers!!

Steve

That's Awesome Steve....beautiful!....Can't wait to hear it run!

Dave

Hi Steve,
Man that thing looks great! I'll be at NAMES on Saturday only, Sunday commitments. I'll stop by and have a look at the real thing. The rocker covers are outstanding.
George

After seeing your pictures I'm not bringing mine to NAMES. I'd be too embarrassed. Iv'e often said, "When you think you'er getting pretty good go to a show and look at really good work. That'll bring you back down to earth."

jpeter said:
After seeing your pictures I'm not bringing mine to NAMES. I'd be too embarrassed. Iv'e often said, "When you think you'er getting pretty good go to a show and look at really good work. That'll bring you back down to earth."

You better show up. We have 6 tables to fill. And I want to see the Victory run again!!

Latest posts

Back