Peewee V4

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Steve, I sent you a note and I included a sketch of a seat cutter that I make and use. I make it out of drill rod and harden it. The diameters should be kept as tight as possible to your seat insert that way they will be supported squarely when cutting the seat. I make the tool and then hold it in a drill chuck and turn it by hand. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. I'm as interested as you in getting this problem resolved. Dont' get me wrong, I have had some leaky seats but not to the extent that you have.
gbritnell

Steve it won't make you feel any better but this problem I am sure will be sorted by you with the benefit that those of us behind your curve will gain by the resolution.

gbritnell said:
Hi Steve, I sent you a note and I included a sketch of a seat cutter that I make and use....

I'd like to see that seat cutter. Is it something you can upload or post?

Chuck

Seat cutter

DSCN1807.JPG

DSCN1807.JPG

Looks simple enough. Thanks for sharing.

Chuck

stevehuckss396 said:
I got a good jump on the tubing bender today. Couldn't find plans so i designed my own. Nothing fancy but with only 4 parts it will take little time to get it made.

Scored some bismuth alloy on eBay today. Should have some exhaust pipes soon. The alloy melts at 158F and expands as it cools. I have heard if you fill the tubing with the alloy, you can get some nice bents. Then you just melt it out when finished. Cant wait to try it!!

Steve,
I don't know how your tube bending has come along since this post but I took a break from my h/m and had on the sci channel, the show How It's Made. Well they where making a trumpet. To bend the 180 into it they filled the tube with soapy water and froze it. They said the soapy water is "flexible" at -57F. They used what looked to be like a standard tube bender only larger. Time to turn down the freezer and give it a shot?
Tony

Thanks D

I changed gears and have been working on my CNC mill project. Things are moving along very well. I have all 3 axes moving under computer power. I have an R8 spindle about 75% done. Once I have the ability to actually cut something, i can start to learn how to use it.

The best part about it is there is positive energy in the shop now!! Might be back on the Peewee in a week or so!!!

After finishing the CNC milling machine i used it to make new heads. I then proceeded to make all new valves and valve cages.

Well third time was the charm. Finally got to make the first run!! Sorry about the video but my wife was so fired up about the run that she couldn't decide what and where to shoot.

After a year and a half, this is the greatest sound in the world!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5WEAdKPG1M[/ame]

DSCN1881.JPG

DSCN1885.JPG

Steve,
Congrats!
That's sound is fantastic! Sounds like it's ready to tear up the road!

Congratulations Steve! :bow:

Beautiful running engine!

Rick

What a work of art..!!!! Sounds awesome.

Looks like I'll be waiting to finish my engine next month.........competition way to tough this month.. :big:

Matt

It runs! And it sounds great!
Nice work, for sure.

EDIT to add;
I had wondered why I hadn't seen any of this engine being built, but see that most all of it was done up to the point just before you posted the video. I had just found HMEM about that time, and missed the whole show!
I'm sure glad you posted the video today Steve, or I never would have seen the build. So much good stuff in this one. Lots of good questions and many pertinent answers. Very glad it's all here for us to see, even if we come in late, like I did!

Thanks for sharing. It's quite a build.

Dean

Great engine, Steve. Thm: Thm: Thm:

Is "Happy Dance Video" Coming? ;D

Gail in NM

GailInNM said:
Great engine, Steve. Thm: Thm: Thm:

Is "Happy Dance Video" Coming? ;D

Gail in NM

Thank you everybody!! I am happier than a pig in slop!!
Sorry no happy dance video. I just keep going out to the garage and staring at it. Still have some things to do and then i'm going to tear it down and get it spiffed up. Of course that is after I run it 234 more times.

Back