Hello,

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navydave

Reaction score
I'm a retired machine builder, age 79. My first engine was Jan Gunnarsson's Oscillating Cylinder V-4 from the first Steam & Stirling book. That was in the mid '80s and quickly followed by Phillip Duclos' Odds & Ends Hit 'n' Miss. I have since built Rudy Kouhoupt's Steam Tractor, Enclosed Crank engine, and Radial 5. Also, Elmer Verburg's Factory Engine, Wood Beam (1/2 size), Open Column Twin, and his Geared engine. I recently completed Robert Hedin's Unusual Steam Engine. All my engines run very well. I will finish Mogens Kilde's Double Diegonal in a week or two. For my next project, I think I'll go back to I.C. , something by Bob Shores maybe. I now live in an apartment and use Sherline machines with which I can do almost anything the big boys can do...just smaller. I'm looking forward to being a part of HMEM.

I'm a retired machine builder, age 79. My first engine was Jan Gunnarsson's Oscillating Cylinder V-4 from the first Steam & Stirling book. That was in the mid '80s and quickly followed by Phillip Duclos' Odds & Ends Hit 'n' Miss. I have since built Rudy Kouhoupt's Steam Tractor, Enclosed Crank engine, and Radial 5. Also, Elmer Verburg's Factory Engine, Wood Beam (1/2 size), Open Column Twin, and his Geared engine. I recently completed Robert Hedin's Unusual Steam Engine. All my engines run very well. I will finish Mogens Kilde's Double Diegonal in a week or two. For my next project, I think I'll go back to I.C. , something by Bob Shores maybe. I now live in an apartment and use Sherline machines with which I can do almost anything the big boys can do...just smaller. I'm looking forward to being a part of HMEM.
Welcome to the group

Dave

Welcome to the group, Dave. Jan Gunnarsson's V4 is a very nice design.

You said you were a machine builder. What kind of machinery were you involved with?

Regards,

Chuck

Welcome to the group, Dave. Jan Gunnarsson's V4 is a very nice design.

You said you were a machine builder. What kind of machinery were you involved with?

Regards,

Chuck
To be more specific, you could call me a jig and fixture builder for the production people. 27 years in a metal shop that produced auditorium and school furniture. Mostly Weld fixtures. Then 18 years in an injection molding house that produced medical components. Things got much more technical there which was a welcome change.

Back