Peewee V4

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Steve, I said it before but it's more than worth repeating, fantastic job!! Having talked to people about this engine I know it was no easy feat to complete. It sound terrific and will only get better with some time on it. I hope to see it at NAMES in April.
George

Awesome Steve. Wonderful sound. That's the kind of work that helps motivate others.

gbritnell said:
Hi Steve, I said it before but it's more than worth repeating, fantastic job!! Having talked to people about this engine I know it was no easy feat to complete. It sound terrific and will only get better with some time on it. I hope to see it at NAMES in April.
George

You will see it there. I was hoping to sit around you and Uncle Dale and Ron C again like Zanesville but my club wants to coral together this year. I'll come say hi!

I've gotta have one!I've gotta have one!I've gotta have one!I've gotta have one!

That engine has a PERFECT sound, I think you chose the best possible cam durations in that thing. :bow: :bow:

Wow. I love it. I want one.

That is just SO impressive!

Let's see......1000 hours.....say $40 an hour.......Wanna sell it?

:wall: Like I could even.

(watching it over, and over, and over again on You Tube.....Priceless!)

Thanks for taking us on this journey with you.

Ed

Hi Steve, I went back through all of your posts to find some information. I found the section on building your distributor but I couldn't find if you mentioned what type of trigger devise the engine uses for the ignition, hall effect or points. Could you tell me what type of setup this engine uses? Another thing, could you please change your signature now, you no longer have to aspire to be me. This engine puts you there with some of the best builders out there. It's one thing to machine the parts but to get it to start and run like yours, to use a commercial tagline, priceless!!
George

Awesome job, a real beauty!!

I wish the 4 cylinder I drove in to work sounded like that.

Thanks for the inspiration.

gbritnell said:
I found the section on building your distributor but I couldn't find if you mentioned what type of trigger devise the engine uses for the ignition, hall effect or points.
George

I used the electronic ignition from Ray Sholl. It is the one at the bottom of the page for "Scale Model IC Engines" and yes it is hall triggered. It comes with the ignition, coil, and 2 hall sensors for about 60 bucks i think. Dont remember.

http://www.cncengines.com/

ooohhhhh... seen and heard only now...

finally a model engine that runs and has the sound of a real engine!!!!!!!!!!

great :bow: :bow: :bow:

ariz said:
ooohhhhh... seen and heard only now...

finally a model engine that runs and has the sound of a real engine!!!!!!!!!!

great :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks everyone! Still sounds like a bumble bee when reved up but i love the sound at idle. I have had people mention that a bigger flywheel would make it idle better. I can hear the cam at idle and just blows me away. I think it idles just like my Chevy did. Chevy cam was a bit wilder.

I will be looking for it Steve. Ron sometimes buries things with links from the main page. I find everything eventually and it is worth the search.
Congratulations on a great engine.
Gail in NM

Beautiful Steve!
No, that is Drop Dead Gorgeous!

I have a lot of young, red neck friends here.
They can only dream of their full size, dirt track, race car engines
sounding that aggressive. That may be a good thing! ;)

Congratulations on the results of your skills! :bow:

Rick

Sorry it did not make it in this issue of MEN, Steve. When Ron is out of town things tend to happen. I notice that the DA plan set mentioned in the editorial page did not make it to the plans section either.
Gail in NM

Thanks Bill.

For those not familiar with the MEN site, the plan is in the members only section. Membership is by paid subscription.
Most of the site is free and contains a wealth of information and how to articles.

For those looking at the DA plan set, note that it is drawn in 1st angle projection and not noted on the plan.

Gail in NM

Great engine....those small parts must have driven you crazy. Wether it did or didn't it sure paid off. Nice job.

rleete said:
What's the car that the engine is sitting on? Is that a Morgan?
Although I have a tiny shop, would having a car like that to put my engines on help with the machining? It might be hard to get it down the stairs.
Seriously, is anyone building a Silver Bullet? :bow:

Latest posts

Back