Peewee V4

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been building the SB for about 10 years now, on and off. Got fired up (pardon the pun) recently, and am going at it now. Since I am on sheet 17 of 25 I guess I am about 25% done.
anyhow, I couldn't visualize many of the parts, but since all of Bob's engine are similar, I see that your water pump looks like mine, etc. Very helpful to see where I am supposed to go. I have the block, crank, cam, carb., head, valve gear, flywheel, etc., done. I milled the cam similarly to your way, after AutoCADding a cutting plan, and building a cam milling degree'd wheel. It came out very nicely. I have tried to mill a better carburetor lever about 12 times and am getting close to one that is nice. Maybe you would like to see some snaps, sometime, but understand, I am a beginner and it won't have that beautiful finish yours has.
More later.

Mosey said:
I have been building the SB for about 10 years now, on and off.
Maybe you would like to see some snaps, sometime, but understand, I am a beginner and it won't have that beautiful finish yours has.

Mosey, start a new thread in the engines from castings sections. Don't worry about what things look like and all that. I would love to see what you have done as would most people that visit this board. This is my first gas engine also and I had alot of support from these fine people.

Also, if you have any question about other parts, I have a ton of other photos. This is why we are all here.

Mosey said:
I milled the cam similarly to your way, after AutoCADding a cutting plan, and building a cam milling degree'd wheel. It came out very nicely.

Here is how i made my cam. It was done all in the lathe. I increased the lift and duration to make it sound a little robust at idle.

http://www.mikes-models.com/camarticle.html

:eek: 8) ??? ::)
Steve, I will try to get the guts to start a thread on my Silver Bullet project. This will be a long list of mistakes for all to learn/laugh about. Maybe save another newbie from my disasters.
I just trashed my completed head while drilling and tapping for the carburetter screws, so you will get to see my new one.
Stay tuned! I should mention that the camshaft was made on my sweet little Aciera F1, which I will show.
It will be slow going, as I only get to work on it occasionally.

stevehuckss396 said:
Well.... I think this project is about finished. I have tuned the carburetor about all i can and have it running to a point that makes me happy. I plan on some suttle changes like a small container under the overflow tube in the radiator. For the most part

I'M DONE!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-JRQGPswVA
A true work of Art.
is that a electric starter that u put through the radiator?
Mate I love the whole thing.
Pete

metalmad said:
A true work of Art.
is that a electric starter that u put through the radiator?
Mate I love the whole thing.
Pete

Thanks Pete!

That is a standard RC starter motor. I removed the drum that holds the rubber bumper and turned a 1/4 inch stem that is attached to the shaft of the motor. Yes it goes thru the lower tank of the radiator and into the crankshaft that contains a clutch bearing. I redesigned the crank hub to look like an american V8. Everything else was of the original design of Mr. Shores.

Steve,

So many builds seem to be slipping under my guard lately, must be old age. :eek:

My apologies for my tardiness in congratulating you on another wonderful build. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Don't worry Maryak, I completely understand. With so many things going on, I also find myself wondering how i missed some build that is just plain awesome. Good news is, you never run out of things to see on this forum. Extremely diverse!

Thank you!!

Steve

Well done Steve. Superb effort and a lot of learning points for us novice's

Mike

If you ever decide to build it, I have drawings to fix the crank shaft problem. I also have the head for the odd bank and a distributor set incase you cant get a hold of MJN.

Hi Steve

I realize this is very old thread but I have just bought the PeeWee casting, is it possible to get the drawings of the crankshaft and anything else you might have to help me along, obviously I will meet any costs if there are any, hope you can help?

Regards and thanks
Dave

Hi Dave,
I have a disc of about 300 pictures from my build. I can make you a copy.
Bob

Hi Bob

That would be fantastic, only problem is I live in Thailand, I could send the postage to your Paypal if you have one?

Regards

Dave

Hi Steve

I realize this is very old thread but I have just bought the PeeWee casting, is it possible to get the drawings of the crankshaft and anything else you might have to help me along, obviously I will meet any costs if there are any, hope you can help?

Regards and thanks
Dave

Hello Davewild!

When you bought the castings you should have a drawing set as part of the package. Did you get them from Dirk?

Hi Steve
I'm obviously getting confused ( very easily done) yes I did receive the full set of drawings but I was under the impression that you had made an updated drawing taking into account an error of 20 thou you had found, I will have to convert to metric anyway so hopefully I will work out any problems then, I think the drawings leave a lot to the imagination anyway!!!

Dave

Hi Steve
I'm obviously getting confused ( very easily done) yes I did receive the full set of drawings but I was under the impression that you had made an updated drawing taking into account an error of 20 thou you had found, I will have to convert to metric anyway so hopefully I will work out any problems then, I think the drawings leave a lot to the imagination anyway!!!

Dave

Yes I do have an alternate set but they should not be used on a build that has been started with the old set. There is very little in common with the old set. If you are still interested PM me an email address and ill get them to you.

Yes I do have an alternate set but they should not be used on a build that has been started with the old set. There is very little in common with the old set. If you are still interested PM me an email address and ill get them to you.

Thanks Steve PM sent

Dave

Well after more than 13 years Peewee got a make over. The pipes were in bad shape so they were replaced. I the ignition fixed. She got her paint touched up and her brass shined up. She's ready for the new show in Indiana and another 13 years.
20230820_104125.jpg
20230820_104118.jpg

Latest posts

Back