Peewee V4

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will be 3 years in June that I bought the machines.

Wow, that makes me feel really bad!

Great stuff, Steve. Keep it up!

Haha, no problem Steve. I haven't had much time to use my machines in the approx. 3 years I've had them. I've made 2 wobblers and half finished an Upshur.
Your progress on this V4 has really motivated me to get the Upshur finished and move toward my dream project of a large-ish (250-500cc) V8 engine, and then something to put it in.

Hi Steve, I noticed in reply #141 that you said you were having trouble connecting your plugs. What trouble are you having? What kind of plugs are you using, Dale Detrich's or your own? If the drawing that I put in the plans section isn't clear enough I can take one of my caps apart and measure everything for you.
gbritnell

gbritnell said:
Hi Steve, I noticed in reply #141 that you said you were having trouble connecting your plugs. What trouble are you having? What kind of plugs are you using, Dale Detrich's or your own? If the drawing that I put in the plans section isn't clear enough I can take one of my caps apart and measure everything for you.
gbritnell

Don't worry about it. I need to get a few more things done. I guess the biggest problem is that i havent looked at it yet. I'll get to the point where i need them and then gigger it out.

Thanks!!

Scratch display box, fuel lines and spark plug wires off the list!

The wooden box is used as a means to hide the electronics for the ignition system. I also hid a voltage regulator in there to take the 12 volt battery power and regulate it at 5 volts. The ignition system needs between 3.8 and 6volts to operate properly. The electronics are the DIY kit from S/S Machine & Engineering.

The spark plug boots are modified vacuum elbows used in automotive emission systems (thanks G). I made a cap similar to gbritnell's drawing only modified to work with Uncle Dale's plugs. It is just a simple cap .002 bigger than the cap on the plug.

I still need to make some means of getting the distributor wire and coil wires thru the corian base. Also still need to bend the pipes for the exhaust. OY!

DSCN1776s.JPG

DSCN1778s.JPG

Steve,
I'm in awe at such an impressive engine. :bow: :bow:
And to write it up, WOW!
Dave

Rob, Nick, thank you!

I spent the day cleaning the garage and everything in it. Took the 28 Ford for a ride and just relaxed. I have another day of cleaning tomorrow and then back to the Peewee.

I have plans to make 2 pieces to control the wiring going down thru the corian to the electronics. I also have to make another tubing bender for the exhaust.

Well done Steve, you work hard I know to get the finish you achieve. I will look forward to seeing a video of it running....but don't get it dirty!
:bow: :bow:

Well I made all new valve cages for the peewee. They all were pressed in. The valves were all skim cut to make sure the angles matched. The valves were all lapped until a nice looking seat was made. After the valves were installed the head was bolted to the check fixture and air applied. I put the head in a bowl of water.

I have seen hot tubs set on high with less bubbles. :(

I think the best thing to do is walk away until the head is clear and the attitude is better.

I would like to thank all those who tried to help. Your suggestions were all great. :bow:

Steve, I can't imagine what the problem is with your valves and seats. I wish I could tell you something you haven't heard but I'm at a loss. Is there any way you can just check one at a time? They shouldn't all be leaking.
gbritnell

Steve, could you send me a scan of the drawing that shows the valve cage and head assembly. Maybe I can see something that's causing the problem.
gbritnell

Man, does that ever look awesome!

nice work Steve!

Steve,

Have you tried any of the crack detection fluids on the heads ??? maybe your press fitting has stressed something or distorted the cage. ???

Best Regards
Bob

Back