Peewee V4

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Steve! All the hard work paid off. Isn't it great when they fire up and run like that? I never get tired of hearing that first pop from any engine. What did you end up doing to get the valves to seal properly?
gbritnell

Unreal!! :bow:

Looks and sounds fantastic!

Awesome job.

Well, Steve, I'm thoroughly impressed. That is one mean sounding machine!

Chuck

Steve,

Magnificent :bow: Superb :bow: Congratulations and a great sound reminds me of racing Go-Kart Motors - hot and hungry to run.

Best Regards
Bob

Awesome sound... it really makes me want to build an IC engine.

:bow:

gbritnell said:
What did you end up doing to get the valves to seal properly?

Nothing! I was told by somebody that the chances of sealing valves in a test fixture was darn near impossible and a waste of time. He told me to put the motor together and start the thing up. By then I was about 90% finished with the heads, valves and cages. I never tested them. Just put it together and it started.

He said that you make the cages and valves without moving the setup on the lathe and they will work if you get a nice finish on both. He was absolutely correct.

Just Beautiful Steve :bow: :bow: :bow:

I know what you mean about running it every time you go to the shop. It's addicting!!!

Thanks for sharing...

Jeff

Steve, what everyone said and then some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sure set the bar high.

Steve,

Congratulations! It sounds great. What a beatiful build. I was wondering when we would get an update. I am glad that the update was it running.

Bob

90LX_Notch said:
I was wondering when we would get an update. I am glad that the update was it running.

I had a few major setbacks and then i kept getting distracted with other stuff. Finally after things started going well in the shop, i got going on it again and here we are.

Steve

What a beaut! Love the sound, congratulations :bow: :bow:

Joe

Double top job,just plugged my headphones in to the PC and crancked up the vol !!!!!Sounds awesome :big:

First I would like to thank everybody who commented and emailed me over the last 2 days. You guy's are a great bunch.

I made another video. It must be breaking in some because it idles alot lower and doesn't smoke from the exhaust after it warms up. Smokes pretty good when it's cold, at least it did today. It is starting to respond to the throttle but i'm afraid to rev it up, at least right now. Big improvement from yesterday.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9e8k9OiQCw[/ame]

I missed the last posts on this build

excellent work steve & the sound of that engine is great!!!

you may be proud of it :bow:

Latest posts

Back