Vertical I.C. Rupnow Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a length of tubing the specified size for the gas tank so decided to make a start on it while im waiting for the crankshaft bearings

Looking good Herbie!! I just got an update from Mark Jonkman this morning also. He is attempting to cast his own bronze flywheel.---Brian

Another day of playing in the workshop and we have a gas tank mount. I've run out of 3/4" al so as a temporary measure I'm using 1/2" plate.

Progress is progress, Herbie. Non of those parts are really exciting, but they are all needed for the engine to work. Keep up the good work!!!

Progress for this week,

DavidLloyd

DDT_5208.jpg

DDT_5209.jpg

Looking good. Yours will be running before mine I suspect

I don't know Herbie you are doing pretty good,
Its springtime and lots of outside work to do,

DavidLloyd,

I don't know Herbie you are doing pretty good,
Its springtime and lots of outside work to do,

DavidLloyd,

Dave

We need to have that conversation about ignition systems that we started on Wednesday.

Pete

Where can one get the Chrysler points from ?? Not having much luck in the auto shops in Oz.

Herbie--Those points were used on 1960 to 1973 Dodges, 1959 to 1972 Plymouths, and 1961 to 1972 Chryslers. they should be a stock item in just about any auto parts store.

Still shopping around for a set of points. After a bit of searching I think these points have different titles such as CS851, A110V, A110P, CH14VT so will try again today

Cogsy--Are you still there? Are you so busy in academia that you have no time for engine building?:eek::eek:

Unfortunately that is the case Brian. I just lost 2 weeks of semester to attend a research conference so I'm struggling like mad to catch back up, while trying to keep on top of my research as well. Another 4 weeks of semester then a couple of weeks of revision/exams then I'll be on summer break and back to some serious engine building. The plan is a running Rupnow Vertical by Christmas.

Found a set of points and everything lines up very well. The condenser specified is proving hard to come by. I was going to try a 470nF polyester capacitor rated at 630 Volts. I figured it's only there as a spark quench device. Perhaps some of the electronics brains could comment on it's viability.

Latest posts

Back