T head engine by Brian

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You obviously have more patience than I do. I would be borrowing a carburetor from another engine and trying to start the new engine. I would not be showing others however until I was sure that it was going to work.

Tomorrow my wife is having a benefit yard and bake sale to aid in the fight against Parkinsons disease, and I have been told that I WILL help. She only does this every three or four years, and it takes up a whole day (with two months of preparation). Today I went to Toronto and bought a used DoAll industrial metal cutting bandsaw and the VFD required to run it--It is huge, and I haven't even started to figure out how I will get it out of the back of my truck. We are having two grandchildren sleep over tonight to help drag all the yard-sale treasures out of my basement, storage area and garage and get them set out in the driveway early in the morning.

What carbs did you order and from who?

The yard sale/ bake sale was very successful. Children and grand children all showed up and helped drag about two thousand pieces of valuable junk out into the front yard and driveway. At the end of the day we had about one thousand pieces of junk left and about $550 profit, which all goes to the Parkinsons foundation. Good wife will spend the next two weeks harassing all of the cheap and free places that help the poor to take the last thousand pieces of junk off our hands. I found time for some measuring. My garage door opening is 82" high clearance from the floor. The area where I would like the bandsaw to fit has 84" clear from the floor to the underside of a boxed furnace duct. The bandsaw is 72" tall. I don't know how high my cherrypicker engine hoist will reach, and I'm too tired to find out tonight. Tomorrow will tell whether "Rupnow Hoisting Service" is going to be able to get some daylight between the bottom of the saw and my truck bed, or if I'm, going to have to pay some money to get a real hoisting service to come and see me.

Last edited:
Brian,

As you probably know some wreckers have a boom that extends and lifts. Would easily lift the saw and may be able to insert it a ways into your shop. They are also a cheap way to transport machine tools short distances.

Much cheaper than a rigger. Good luck and I'm jealous of your new saw.

John

A couple (3 or 4)pieces of pipe under the machine and you can roll the saw into place only lifting it enough to place or remove the pipes.

I ordered three carbs, because I use them up quickly. Thanks for the tip about the wrecker trucks--I hadn't thought of that.---Brian

I ordered three carbs, because I use them up quickly. Thanks for the tip about the wrecker trucks--I hadn't thought of that.---Brian
I have used wrecker trucks to move machines in the past. Some will give you a price break if you let them do it on their schedule when they are not doing something else. For you it is not really important that they show up at a specific time. Sometime today will usually work for you.

Brian I did a search for trumpet-1 on ebay but all that came up was trumpet parts. Could you be a little more specific.
gbritnell

Brian I did a search for trumpet-1 on ebay but all that came up was trumpet parts. Could you be a little more specific.
gbritnell
I'll jump in here because l looked up the Traxxas 4033 carburetors after Brian mentioned them. They are available from multiple sellers on Ebay all for about the same price - about $35.

george---
eBay
mail
Thanks Brian, your order is confirmed.
We’ll let you know when your order ships via the Global Shipping Program.​

Traxxas 4033 Carburetor Pro complete assembled TRX Pro.15 6.0mm bore TRA1
Item price: US $104.85 (3 x US $34.95)
Order number: 23-07519-73755
Item ID: 143677838851
Seller: trumpet_1 (15733)
Your seller trumpet_1 has left you a message:
Thank you for your purchase. Corona2020 Update: We are shipping orders on time however please be advised that your...
View full message
mail
mail
Estimated delivery:
Tue, Sep 07 - Tue, Sep 14
mail
Your order will ship to:
brian rupnow
1095 carson rd.,
barrie, ON L4M4S5
Canada

Okay--All bandsaw reference has been moved over to a new thread titled "DoAll Bandsaw for Brian". I heard from my flywheel guy in Arizona and he is shipping my second flywheel out today. My new Traxxas carburetors are supposed to get here on 07-September. This build will continue, hopefully to a happy conclusion after I get these two parts. I will use the intervening time to get my new bandsaw set up and running.---Brian

Having a quiet day today. Can't do any more on the new bandsaw until my electrical friend comes over to wire up the VFD. Can't do very much on the t-head engine until my second flywheel comes or my carburetors come.---However, one thing I needed for the engine was a "starter spud" that fits into my variable speed hand drill for starting the engine with. So----This is my big machining contribution for today.---A starter spud!!!
RzxLYp.jpg

cbapJz.jpg

Yayyy---My carburetors showed up!! Went to take out the garbage and there was the package laying on my front step. Here's a little something to chew on---these carb's are $36 each, American. I bought three. That comes to $108 American. By the time I paid shipping, tax, and the difference in our dollars, it cost me $176 Canadian. Sure ain't cheap to live in the land of the polar bear!!!---Brian
WosOTp.jpg

Latest posts

Back