Small V8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kcmillin said:
Using a shop press and a 3/8" round bar as a die, I pressed the fins curve on. You will need a "Half Hole" equal to the diameter of the Die Rod plus the thickness of the material being used for the fan to act as a female die.

That is how I did it any way.

Kelly
ND
Wow, that is clever. I shall have a look at this method.

Mosey, you could also consider using a pliable material such as soft rubber in place of the "half hole". Makes the tooling much simpler and it is "one size fits all". We have done this at work many times when the depth of the bend is not too deep. I think the rubber we use is old conveyor belting. Just food for thought.

Another great idea. I am bogged at my other job so I won't be back in the chips for a week or so. Then, lot's of fan blades will fly.

Well Mosey got me all fired up on the fan so that's what I did today. I did make some curved blades but i'm not fond of them. Should have gone with the straight blades.

DSCN2020s.jpg

stevehuckss396 said:
Well Mosey got me all fired up on the fan so that's what I did today. I did make some curved blades but i'm not fond of them. Should have gone with the straight blades.

Steve, I would simply round off the blade ends or give them an elliptical shape like the wing tips on a Spitfire. Other than that they look fantastic!! and certainly much better than my non-existent ones .... :big:

All hail Steve the great one :bow:

Hi Steve,
Here's a couple of pics of my fan. This was copied from a full sized fan. It doesn't have a curve to it but rather a twist on the blades to give it pitch. I think the new plastic fans have a curve to them.
George

302 n.jpg

302 v8 4.jpg

do you know how to make the ignition because i don't could you tell me how to make it i would be very happy if you would

Steve,
Give yourself a break.
That's a nice fan. I might like to have more blades, like 8 or so. And do round off the tips. I give it 7 Hucks out of a possible 10.
Of course on the Britnell scale, I just don't know.
Mosey

Mosey said:
Steve,
Give yourself a break.
That's a nice fan. I might like to have more blades, like 8 or so. And do round off the tips. I give it 7 Hucks out of a possible 10.
Of course on the Britnell scale, I just don't know.
Mosey

Would that be the Britnell Hardness scale :big: :big:

sorry, could't resist

Kel

It looks good, but the most important part is if it is suitably strong, stiff, and free of defects that may lead to stress concentrations. Having almost been decapitated by a 1977 Mercury Cougar flex fan once, I have a great respect for spinny thingys.

That would be a "Damn,Damn Sexy" from the peanut gallery....

Dave

GDay All,

Steve, that's perfect!! 10 on the Huck scale!! No idea on the Britnell scale, but I bet it's HIGH!! :big:

your humble servant oh masterful one :bow:

Latest posts

Back