Small V8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it!

I suggest we add a new word to the model machinist language... "Hucks".
To hucks something would be to make it incredibly well, tiny, and beautiful.

Mosey said:
I suggest we add a new word to the model machinist language... "Hucks".
To hucks something would be to make it incredibly well, tiny, and beautiful.

Is that like a Mulligan or a Munson?

How are you doing Mosey? Did'nt I send you some radiator info? Did you build one yet?

I'm doing fine! Watching you is a real pleasure.
You sent me some info on the water pump, and I'm closing in on it. The fan is up next.
Keep the chips flying!

Beautiful radiator thanks for sharing :bow: :bow: :bow:

Brock

stevehuckss396 said:
I need to make a fan real soon also.
Well, here is a sketch of my proposed fan, turned out of Alum. What do you think?
All dimens are as per Bob Shores plans.

Sketch of Fan for Silver Bullet.jpg

that is soooo nice Steve :bow: :bow:
Pete

Do i have to make a special milling cutter, or buy some kind of rounding over mill to cut convex curves? Arghh! :'( ???

Mosey said:
Do i have to make a special milling cutter, or buy some kind of rounding over mill to cut convex curves? Arghh! :'( ???

Without CNC I would just go with the flat blades. I made a flat fan for the Peewee and it looks and works real good. I would go with the 30 degree angle.

Mosey said:

Using a shop press and a 3/8" round bar as a die, I pressed the fins curve on. You will need a "Half Hole" equal to the diameter of the Die Rod plus the thickness of the material being used for the fan to act as a female die.

That is how I did it any way.

Kelly
ND

stevehuckss396 said:
i think i'm going to cnc some curves in the blades
Your giving me naughty ideas about CNC'ing, stop that! :)
Think you can cnc an airfoil section on a single propeller blade?

Latest posts

Back