Peewee V4

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you!

I wish you were a bit closer too. Would be nice to use that grinder once in a while. Or just sit around telling lies and drinking coffee planning the next project.

Full size performance engines get balanced. My 540Cid was within 1/2 gram. I dont know if it will do anything at this scale, but it cant hurt.

Speaking of grinding....wasn't I suppose to exchange that base I gave you at the show for some vice jaws that need grinding.

This offers goes out to the rest of the forum members also. If any of you need some vise jaws ground just pay for the shipping (or stop by if your in the area) and I can work them in. Can't guarantee they will be a mirror finish but they will be within .0005 or better from one end to the other.

Head, intake, and carb base gaskets are complete. I made a little PCV valve that was not included in the plans. The cam timing is completed as is the valve adjustments. Hoping to get going on the ignition system and finish up the distributor.

DSCN1736s.JPG

Steve that is really cool. I love builds like this. It's where I want to get to in this hobby.

Super nice job and congrats on the NAMES win.

Can you run it on a drill for a VID for us?

Did some plumbing today. I made the 2 tee fittings and one elbow. The 2 fittings in the back are screwed into the block with 8-32 threads. I changed the fitting in the water pump from the side to the rear. With the fitting coming out of the rear of the pump, I was able to make a looooong fitting and reduce the floppy hose to a minimum.

DSCN1740s.JPG

DSCN1742s.JPG

I LOVE this build!
I hope to get to that stage, to be able to build 4cyl and up :D :bow:
as you can now see by my newby question
how did you make the threads on the elbow and t fitting to get the final position the way you wanted it?

Speedy said:
how did you make the threads on the elbow and t fitting to get the final position the way you wanted it?

The fitting is threaded to length as normal.

When the block is tapped, tap to a depth less than the length of the threads on the fitting. Also keep note on where the handle is for future use. Screw the fitting into the block and see where it stops. If you insert the fitting by hand and you need more than 1/4 of a turn, insert the tap and turn it the amount that is needed to give you a 1/4 turn needed. Try the fitting again and if, by hand, a 1/4 turn is needed, use a tool to give the last 1/4 turn.

The fittings in the photo are test fit. I will remove them and put some pipe joint compound on the threads for final installation.

thanks. makes sense now, and actually is easier then I thought.
more updates! please :bow:

Managed to get some time to work on the gas tank today. It is a piece of 1.313 OD tubing with 2 end caps.

First thing that was done was to get a length of tubing cut and faced. The tubing kept crushing so i made a slug to fit the ID out of some scrap acrylic. After inserting the acrylic slug it possible to hold the tubing tight enough to work with it.

Next the end caps were turned to a slip fit. The ID of the tubing was cleaned and fluxed. I made a loop of solder and dropped it into the tube with the first end cap on and soldered it on. Next a 1/8 relief hole was drilled where the filler neck goes. This hole is there because I dont know what the internal pressure of the tank will be after heating it.
I made another loop of solder and put it into the tube, with the opening facing down, just like a piston ring. While inserting the second end cap the ring of solder was pushed up, into the tube. With the unsoldered end cap on the table and the tube sticking straight up, the second end cap was then soldered on.

The final steps were to drill the holes and solder the filler tube and fuel line fitting into the tank. All went well.

DSCN1748s.JPG

That is a very sharp looking tank. I really like the way it looks.

Thanks men! Now i have to figure out a way to mount it at a height so fuel can be drawn out easily.

Finished the radiator today. Added some clips to mount it to a board or something. I also put an over flow tube in there mostly because i thought it looked cool!

DSCN1750s.JPG

Man that is nice, Looks fantastic. I really radiates! ;D

Thanks Kustomkb!

Fuel tank is mounted. I figured out a way so the engine, fuel tank, and radiator will all be on the same basic mounting system. Me thinks i need to get a nice piece of wood and get everything mounted to a common surface.

DSCN1757s.JPG

DSCN1760s.JPG

Latest posts

Back