Elmers #33---Kind of---

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice build, brian. That's a nice looking and very nice running engine.

Chuck

Another nice job.

I was wondering if milling the crosshead guides into the base would help with alignment issues during assembly.

kvom said:
Another nice job.

I was wondering if milling the crosshead guides into the base would help with alignment issues during assembly.

I doubt it. The crosshead guides have to be steel because of the wear factor, while the base is only aluminum.

The valve rod and flywheel--
VALVEROD-1.jpg

FLYWHEEL-33.jpg

View attachment VALVE ROD.PDF

View attachment FLYWHEEL-33.PDF

Brian,
Another great build. Wondering how many sheets there will be in your plans? Don't want to miss any. Thinking I may use your plans for my first build. Either this or your Beam. I want to scale them up and your plans are so easy to follow as are your work in progress updates. Gives me a idea of what the part is to look like when its made. Some times I have a hard time visualizing a part from a 2D drawing. Thanks for all you do to help us out.

Matt

My printer is exhausted now. Thanks again Brian. :big:

Thanks Brian, I have it all saved and printed a copy to bring to old friend Cedric that is the machinist, the one that made the Slinky machine, he is like the rest of us going to love this, I hope to soon get started on several of your projects, thanks again, Lathe Nut

G'day Brian, I enjoyed the thread and the running engine very much. Like Tel you dont waste any time do you? Im ambling on with mine and enjoying myself immensely. Great therapy...

Cheers Artie

Thanks from a true green horn! I haven't even picked out my first lathe yet. You know that feeling you get of anticipation when you know you are starting a new journey? Your threads on W's IP and the "cleanness" of your drawings, give me that same pumped up feeling of anticipation and false confidence. What a rush! I can do it! ( I think?)

Thanks, Brian.

Latest posts

Back