Elmers #33---Kind of---

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plans downloaded. Thanks for the detailed build and very well drawn plans!

Brian, question about the plans...

The page for the eccentric...

Am I reading this drawing correctly... The offset for the center of the eccentric is only .050" from the center of the crankshaft?

Also, I do not see the bore of the hole being called out in the drawing. I'm assuming it's .375" for the crankshaft?

Thanks for sharing your talents and abilities with with everyone, a gift well received. Your ultiment payback will be a post here in the future, "Building Brian's engine".

I missed the bearings and left a dimension off the eccentric, so here they are
BEARING-2.jpg

BEARING-1.jpg

ECCENTRIC-33-1.jpg

Thank you Brian. Again, am I reading the drawing correctly? Is the center of the eccentric .050" off center from the crankshaft hole?

Twmaster said:
Thank you Brian. Again, am I reading the drawing correctly? Is the center of the eccentric .050" off center from the crankshaft hole?
Yes, that is correct. The valve only moves a total of 0.100" in its full travel.

Brian,
Little off topic, but been looking for your hit n miss plans. Just wondering if they exist, and where I would find them? Just one more Question..........Whats your next build?

Thanks Matt

Hey Brian another awesome build I really enjoy following your builds and the professionalism is top notch. I did have a request the prints that you posted today in post number 103 if they are revisions could make them so we can download them. I am looking forward to your next build. Cliff

Thank you Brian. Understand .100" total travel on the eccentric.

Cliff, I can tell you what I did and it worked, right click on the drawing, hit copy, opened MS office, Paste, put it to the size I wanted, full page, added all three of the drawing, then did the file save as, in a PDF, there probably is a better and easier way but I am not the best at computer things, Lathe Nut

Brian, I wish to thank you for all of your hard work in putting these plans together and for sharing them with us. I appreciate it as I am certain a lot of others here do as well. It is ALWAYS enjoyable to run across such plans that are as clear to read as well as understand. Bravo!! :bow:

BC1
Jim

Bearcar----Is been my pleasure to do so. I love it when I get emails from literally all over the world, from people who are building "my" engines. This has been a terrible year for me, work wise, due to the massive slow down in the manufacturing economy, so its been good to have websites like this one to post my plans on and help me pass the time. I hope for everyones sake that the coming year is a "busier" year and that we all have lots of "real" work to keep us occupied. Merry Christmas to all!!!---Brian

Merry Xmas and wishing you a great New Year Brian.

JimN
Abbotsford, BC

Brian your way is a lot better than mine, but I did not want to bother you, so figured out a way, probably was not the best, again thanks for all you have done with the pictures and the wonderful drawings, Lathe Nut

I just read through this entire post again, because I was thinking about it while reading 1hands build in progress. A couple of points here---Everybody loves my crazy steam whistle style exhaust stack, so I am including a drawing of it---The other thing is, Lathenut--You get a karma point purely because you had so darn many nice things to say about this build!!!---Brian
FANCYEXHAUSTSTACK.jpg

Brian,

I thought you said "Matt-Just for You"....What da heck?.............LOL

Thanks lot Brain. What you do for us, we can't thank you enough.
Matt

There, I put ya over 200.....you've earned them.

Back