Elmer's #12 Turbine - 1.5X

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice!!!

Yet another Elmer's engine on my bucket list.

I'm looking forward to seeing this guy run.

"A good craftsman never blames his tools"

I was amused by this.

I'm also a musician (I play trombone, tuba, euphonium, and piano), and when I'm playing in an ensemble and we royally screw up during rehearsal, it's the trumpets that look at their horns as if it was the instrument that screwed up.

Nope, it was the player.

So at least in the music world, a craftsman will blame his tools.

,..Ved.

I for one will be watching this build with interest - this was on my to do list until I got distracted by a traction engine.

I've only seen one previous build 'based on' Elmer's #12 - one thing's for sure these things can really fly! Good luck.

Kind regards

Geoff at Inky Engines

Inky, me too this looks very interesting!

"A good craftsman never blames his tools"

I was amused by this.

I'm also a musician (I play trombone, tuba, euphonium, and piano), and when I'm playing in an ensemble and we royally screw up during rehearsal, it's the trumpets that look at their horns as if it was the instrument that screwed up.

Nope, it was the player.

So at least in the music world, a craftsman will blame his tools.

,..Ved.

Ved...I learned this saying from a friend of mine who caught me off guard one day when I was complaining about a job I did around the house, I can't remember what it was. But I complained and mentioned I would have done a better job if I had better tools...his remark followed. It stuck with me and I use it often...especially with my high school students who love to complain and blame everything on their computers.

Good stuff.

Back