Vertical I.C. Rupnow Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,
Got the exhaust push rod and support done, cut rocker out of 10mm round bar(don't have 1/4" square), and made up the exhaust with a twist "plans said Brass--Because its sexy!!!"
Material I am waiting on ended up being sent to the other side of the country, maybe here this week sometime.

Cheers

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

My brothers around the world, I am asking for progress reports. It is 3 weeks until Christmas. Currently, we have two running Rupnow Vertical engines, one being mine, the other belonging to David Lloyd. Although I am forging ahead on other projects, I haven't forgotten any of you. I know that Herbie is right on the verge of a running engine if he can get his valves sorted out, but I lose track of where you other guys are on your builds. Please give me a heads up about where you are on your builds, and good luck to all of you.----Brian

I have restarted working on mine yesterday and got the carb completed and the cylinder head started. I won't have crank bearings for at least a week and I need to source some cast iron for the cylinder that fits in my meagre budget. I doubt mine will be running by Christmas after all.

I have restarted working on mine yesterday and got the carb completed and the cylinder head started. I won't have crank bearings for at least a week and I need to source some cast iron for the cylinder that fits in my meagre budget. I doubt mine will be running by Christmas after all.
Cogsy,
Try this for the cast iron.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/262569189206?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Got my bearings from http://plaig.com.au/shop/

Cheers

Hi All,
Got the con rod done, added 2mm corner rounding, was going to I beam it as well, but I don't think it needs it. Parcel for the alloy has ended up being sent to the other side of the country, may see it this week I hope.

Cheers

14.jpg

15.jpg

Well, I have been busy making a valveseat cutter, new valve cage, valve and Spring. Finally got no leakage at all using this little test pad I made up. image.jpg
Now to assemble the engine again and fire it up

Ghosty--Be aware--If the center to center of the gears you are using is different than the gears I use, it will affect the position of the thru hole for the camshaft in that biggest lump of aluminum.

Ghosty--Be aware--If the center to center of the gears you are using is different than the gears I use, it will affect the position of the thru hole for the camshaft in that biggest lump of aluminum.
Brian, Thanks, All ready worked out, used the same gears in another build. I need 24mm(0.9449) spacing, which if I remember is only just larger than your gears.

Cheers

My brothers around the world, I am asking for progress reports. It is 3 weeks until Christmas. Currently, we have two running Rupnow Vertical engines, one being mine, the other belonging to David Lloyd. Although I am forging ahead on other projects, I haven't forgotten any of you. I know that Herbie is right on the verge of a running engine if he can get his valves sorted out, but I lose track of where you other guys are on your builds. Please give me a heads up about where you are on your builds, and good luck to all of you.----Brian

Final Video and engine is running good,

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4u1J67q1tM&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

DavidLloyd,

David Lloyd, What a beauty, runs very well, congrats.
Brian, The countersink in the cyl mount plate bolts is only that depth for the cap head screws. If different headed screws are used the depth could be altered to suite?

I know what I will be doing today.

Cheers
Andrew

18.jpg

Just make the counterbore equal to the head height of the socket head cap screw that you are using plus about .005". A countersink is for a flat-head capscrew. A counterbore is for a socket head capscrew.---Brian

Latest posts

Back