TB4 Build

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too!!

Super nice. :)

Eric ...

The socket cap screws works for me! ;)

Pat H.

I have also received the parts from Chris and Steve. Thanks guys, they look great! Thm:

The flywheels are done, I just need to make up the stripper bolts. Hope to get them done and sent out by the end of the week.

fly.jpg

Eric, socket heads are fine with me. :)

Cheers

Jeff

i dont know if i mentiond that the hole is tapped for 1/4 20
chris

Well, I got the 4 of the 6 bases cut to size last night. While working on the fourth base, the Y axis handle on my mill suddenly got tight, then froze. Froze as in it felt like the gib was tightened to the max. Haven't had a chance to take it apart yet to see what it is...

Needless to say, I was hoping to get them out this weekend... I don't think that will be happening. Let's hope it is something minor

Eric

stevehuckss396 said:
That sucks! I hope it's something easy to fix.

Well, due to a kind gentleman on another board, I should have the replacement parts to fix my mill next week. So I will be back on track soon.

Eric

Thinking about doing a satin type finish on the bases. I really don't like to polish... Anyone want a satin finish?

Eric,

Actually I perfer a satine or even a brush finish ... go for it. :)

It will look great. :bow:

Pat H

Well... with the broken mill (Y axis has been cobbled back together while I await parts), I got some work done on the bases. Almost done. Took forever with Y axis out of kilter (still works... just painful). Most of the finishing is done. They have already been hit with 220 grit paper. They look pretty good.

I have to make an order at Mcmaster for some low profile 10-24 socket cap bolts to fit and finish the sanding.

Should be shipping shortly.

Eric

Got the bolts today. Will package and ship the bases out tomorrow!

Eric

I need the Base, Fly Wheel and Shaft, as soon as I get them I will build the Connecting Rods, Valve and Rocker Arm Shaft
for the perfect fit. ;) ;)

If I get them by this weekend, I will start the build Monday otherwise the same day I get them ... the base is the important part.

Pat H.

Path said:
I need the Base, Fly Wheel and Shaft, as soon as I get them I will build the Connecting Rods, Valve and Rocker Arm Shaft
for the perfect fit. ;) ;)

If I get them by this weekend, I will start the build Monday otherwise the same day I get them ... the base is the important part.

Pat H.

Very Good!!

Thanks for the update.

I didn't get a chance to finish packing them last night. Will do it tonight and take to the 24hr self serve kiosk.

Should have them fairly soon I would think

Eric

Back