someone stole my post!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheeltapper

Reaction score
Hi
I just looked on photobucket to see my stats and noticed that the pic of my engine has been viewed on a site called "tech-domain.com".

so I looked on there and my complete build post, pics and all, has been put on there by some cheeky chump who looks like he's trying to make out he built it.

heres a link, its in chinese so you'll have to translate.http://tech-domain.com/thread-40018-1-1.html

bloody cheek!

a very annoyed Roy.

it's a form of flattery i guess... ;)
of all the pieces displayed here, they picked yours...

He linked to your photobucket account, but it has watermarks on it showing it as his.

Time to change those photos to something either highly inappropriate or damning to him...

Sites like this seem to be popping up all over the place!!!

There is another one using a lot of the posts from practical machinist site too!

Andrew

You will soon see your engine in mass production by some Chinese factory.

That would piss off the original designer Malcolm Strides estate somewhat.

Roy

Update on this.
I posted the build of this engine on 3 forums and I wasn't sure which one had been copied. I now know, because of a question I asked someone, and the idiot who copied it didn't delete it, the post was copied from this site.

Roy

Hello Roy, I hope you do not believe the guilty party to be one of the members here on HMEM. Have you attempted to contact the site moderators where the offending thread is posted, explaining to them what has occurred? OR, remove the listing from photobucket and move on. It truly is a shame that such things go on in the world but there are ways to combat such abuse if one wishes to go that route.

No, of course not.
this pratt has seen the post here and just copied the lot, deleted all the replies and posted it as his own.

trouble is, he's changed the pics and watermarked them so me changing them wont make a difference.

I am now going through my pics on photobucket and puting my name accross them, they dont get me twice.

I did send an irate e-mail to the site but its a chinese site and I dont suppose they care anyway.

the other thing is, the guy who did this is a gold member of that forum, I wonder how he got so good.
off everyone elses back I suppose.

Roy

Sic Semper Tyrannis said:
He linked to your photobucket account, but it has watermarks on it showing it as his.

Time to change those photos to something either highly inappropriate or damning to him...

Haha, I have seen this happen to an ebay seller that stole photo's but only linked them.
The owner of the photo's changed them to text about the seller being a thief etc... not good for business but good for a laugh!

Unfortunately this will not work in this case, as the photo's have been re-hosted.

I think I've buggered him :D
he rehosted all the pics except the first one so I went to photobucket and wrote a nice message across it.

Roy

Roy

I have just been on that site and there are many posts from HMEM and other forums that have been copied. Brian Ruptnow has plans copied and watermarked on there. Also a Sterling and a Stuart 10V as well as others.

I saw what you did to the first picture Roy. Looks good on him.

Cheers :)

Don

Whatever you did to the first pic has been corrected on that site!
Damn i missed it!!! :mad:

He must have copied all your pics because it appears he can fix them if you change them.

Andrew

I just looked and its still my mod.
did you look before and not refresh the page?
Roy

4strokeengine.jpg

I just pulled this a moment ago....it IS on there.

Love this!!!!
:bow:

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!! :big:
Just took a while for it to come up on my pc for some reason.

Andrew

The whole issue is kind of funny actually, but only when it is happening to someone else.

The internet has swiss-cheese security, and is more akin to the wild west of old.
What goes on seems to limited only to what town you are in, what country that town happens to be in, and who the sheriff of that town is (or the outlaw gang that is running the town).

Yikes, circle the wagons men!!!!!
We are getting copied.

Edited for a better term.

Latest posts

Back