someone stole my post!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these guys really posting them as if they were theirs, or just swiping the posts wholesale from elsewhere as a "hey look at this" kind of thing? I think the original "now I made this part" text is from the original thread.

wheeltapper said:
Just having a search round and found this
http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/threads.asp?t=130&p=1

look at the post titles, mines there, so's a lot of others.

Roy

That is just weird.
If you increment the number in the address(/threads.asp?t=130), you get different sub-forums.
t=130 = I/C engines
131 = Traction Engines
132 = Stationary engines
133 = Clocks
134 = Trams

None of which appear in the sites main Forum index with the exception of "I/C engines" which, if you go through the main index, lists different threads to those following your link.
Also notice that none of the threads are viewable and few of them have nicks after "by"
Very odd.

wheeltapper said:
Just having a search round and found this
http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/threads.asp?t=130&p=1

look at the post titles, mines there, so's a lot of others.

Roy

Roy

I have gone to this forum in order to have a look around. There are a lot of post titles that look like they contain stolen information but I tried a lot of them and all I could ever get is

Thread

Sorry, but the thread cannot be found.
I will continue to watch and possible ask questions in order to find out what is going on. :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

For many years I have built hotrods as a hobby, and I fabricate a great many parts from scratch. Seven years ago when I was building my 1931 model A roadster pickup, I did a complete tech article on building a 1932 Ford grill insert, complete with step by step pictures of how it was done. I originally posted this on the Club Hotrod forum. A year later, I was browsing through the HAMB site on the Hotrod Journal, and there was my complete tech article, pirated by someone else and posted under his name. I fully realize that when I post something on a public forum, it becomes public domain, but I was surprised, to say the least, when I seen someone else taking credit for it.----Brian

shred said:
Are these guys really posting them as if they were theirs, or just swiping the posts wholesale from elsewhere as a "hey look at this" kind of thing?

I was looking at this yesterday thinking the same thing. They might have started as a single thread with a "have you seen this?" and the next post was "that was cool!, have you seen this one?" My browser wouldn't translate the page so I can't get a fix on what's going on.

Hi guys
How do you watermark a picture ?
Hilmar

Ya know guys...he advertizes google on the web site....to me , he clearly is trying to cash in on the ad traffic.

Perhaps we should have a talk with Google....we can't be the only ones who are having our content pirated. If we could get google to not pay them...maybe they would stop?

Dave

Latest posts

Back