someone stole my post!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BigOnSteam said:
We are getting hacked.

Pat, please be careful with that phrase. I realize it's just an expression to you but some people may take it literally.
And it means something very serious (and very bad!) to me.

I just checked the system and logs, we have not been hacked.

However, there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that we can do to prevent people from cutting and pasting posts from a browser into another forum.

Roy, I'm terribly sorry that this dastardly and uncreative theft happened to your build thread. Legal action is the only recourse. Unfortunately the Chinese government does not care one wit about any damage done to anyone but themselves.

I guess another way to look at it, I have been posting on HMEM for several years, and nobody has ever (to my knowledge) copied any of my posts, so..........I guess that tells you a thing or two about my posts............
My posts are so crappie that they are not even worth stealing.....

Now that really is something to be sad about. :-\ :-\ :-\

Such is life.

LOL! What a looser!

I’ve heard of people plagiarizing to pass a class, or stealing someone else’s work for personal gain. But posting someone else’s project photos, simply for bragging rights on the internet, tops the list!

I see it as a complement. Of all the projects out there to plagiarize, he chose yours. . . .

I wonder if this is the same individual that was making all sorts of cryptic inquiries about plans far an engine with certain parameters but would never say what it would be used for. It was a while ago but I distinctly remember it just did not seem right somehow.

BC1
Jim

They say that honesty is it's own reward, and I think the opposite is true as well. Every time that loser looks in the mirror, he sees a fraud and a cheat. Can you imagine what that would do to your self-image? Pathetic, man!

wheeltapper said:
No, of course not.
this pratt has seen the post here and just copied the lot, deleted all the replies and posted it as his own.

trouble is, he's changed the pics and watermarked them so me changing them wont make a difference.

I am now going through my pics on photobucket and puting my name accross them, they dont get me twice.

I did send an irate e-mail to the site but its a chinese site and I dont suppose they care anyway.

the other thing is, the guy who did this is a gold member of that forum, I wonder how he got so good.
off everyone elses back I suppose.

Roy

Perhaps using google translate you could join the offending forum and post it again without the watermarks and say something like, "Gold membership looks like fools gold membership for copy cats."

Just a thought :p

Best Regards
Bob

One can only wonder what a shrink would make of such a Troll.

And Al Gore claims he invented the internet.........

Ken

The bastards

Can any of you guys talk me through changing the photbucket picture that show that it flags the the thread up as being a scam, this sort of thing realy annoys me.

Thanks for tipping me off Jason

Stew

Hi Stew
It all depends how he handled the pics. with mine he had re hosted them so nothing I did would show. however he somehow missed the first one so I had an opening.

to edit the pic in photobucket mouse over the pic and you get a box where the code for the links are.
choose 'edit' above the links . when the pic comes up choose 'decorate' along the top then 'text'.

then you can write on the pic choose the font, size etc. pull into position and apply.
then you can either save a copy or what I did, change original.

hope this helps.

I see my change is still in place on that forum. some forums allow you to edit your post after a long time, some don't. lets hope he cant. ;D

Roy

Thanks Roy

Looks like I'm stuffed he hasn't made that mistake on mine.

Just had a skim through some of the threads, look like some of Brians work is on their as well.

Stew

Oh, thats a damn nuisance.
however I am tagging all the pics I have on photobucket and will do in future.
it might stop them being used again.

Roy.

Hi ROY

What do you mean by tagging, I have all my pics watermarked with "pottyengineering" but that doesn't seem to have stopped them.

Stew

Hi
I looked at some of your pics and nothing shows on screen.
what I've done is written on the pic like this,
PA140006.jpg

so if they want it they'll have to crop the name out.

BTW I see Dixons model v8 is on there as well, with a different poster with the rather appropriate name of SLY :)

Roy

For what it's worth, they aren't just stealing from HMEM.
It's happening to other forums as well. I would bet that every post on that web site was stolen from someplace else.

Yeah, thats how they grade the members, "how many posts have you stolen this month, oh good, you are a gold member"

bunch of gits.

Roy

Some one has suggested to tag the pic like this

FREE Liu Xiaobo

That would realy stop them in the tracks let the Chines sensor do the job for us.

Stew

Stew: He forgot one of the pictures. The photo of the completed engine on page 4, the next to last picture, has not been watermarked by him yet so you may be able to modify yours and have it take effect on his post.

Good luck

Rolla

sbwhart said:
Some one has suggested to tag the pic like this

FREE Liu Xiaobo

That would realy stop them in the tracks let the Chines sensor do the job for us.

Stew

Even better is this.

wo cao ni ma bi

I knew vist's to China would come in handy :D

John S.

John Stevenson said:
Even better is this.

wo cao ni ma bi

I knew vist's to China would come in handy :D

John S.

They have a way with words don't they???

Gonna have to wash your mouth out with soap!!

Questions is why are they doing this?

My guess is it drives search engine traffic which drives ad revenue????

Which lines their pockets??

Latest posts

Back