Recommendation for slow 2 cycle engine plans from bar stock

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Rupnow

Design Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
But please--only from people who have successfully built and ran one. I have built enough i.c. engines of the 4 cycle variety to become quite familiar with them. I may begin another engine build, but I need something a bit different, so I believe it's time for a single cylinder two cycle engine. Is there anyone on the board who has actually built one from plans and ran the engine successfully. If so, can you please direct me to where I can get the plans. I really don't want an airplane engine type high revving "screamer", rather something with a flywheel and a lower rpm range. I don't want to purchase a casting kit, but would instead prefer plans for an engine built from bar stock. Your help would be appreciated.---Thank You---Brian

I should think that Lightweight could be done from barstock, a few alterations to suit that construction method keeping the basic internals the same and it would make a nice size engine -

34.5mm bore, 32mm stroke = 30cc or about 2cu.in

Its not unlike the Hubbard that Classic Motors do, again that could probably be done from barstock.

Latest posts

Back