Peewee V4

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve,

Been down with a bit of computer issues, but I am back.

Nice looking radiator my friend!

Dave

Steve, you sure make the hard things look easy! Nice work.

Chuck

cfellows said:
Steve, you sure make the hard things look easy! Nice work.

Chuck

Actually, it was easy when the fixtures are used. The only problem was I failed to keep the stack "as drilled" and had to flip-flop the fins until they were correct again. I think this could be done by anybody with good soldering skills.

I also made the 2 hose fittings and the filler tube and cap yesterday. Photo's will be up after I get home from dinner with the bride.

I also made the 2 hose fittings and the filler tube and cap yesterday. Photo's will be up after I get home from dinner with the bride.

Now I may have missed something so if so, sorry.....Bride? ??? is there something we should know? Or I should have read already.....

Metal Mickey said:

Now I may have missed something so if so, sorry.....Bride? ??? is there something we should know? Or I should have read already.....

Not really. We have been married for 23 years but i still kinda like her.

stevehuckss396 said:
Thanks Mr. Abbott. I have other parts done but the pics came out bad.

Wont be in the shop making Peewee parts for a while. Guess what i am moving Thursday!!

Mr. Hucks....unfortunetly I think I know...sad day for sure.

deere_x475guy said:
Crap....least you could do is call me and tell me about it...do you still have my number?

No I dont have your number. Send me an email so i will have your email again and i'll send pictures when I get it set. It has been completely scraped and rebuilt to factory specs or better. X and Y are ball screwed so zero backlash.

Finally made it into the shop. Made my tanks from solid barstock. It isn't perfect but I learned alot and am happy with my first try.

The pictures are not great. The polished brass kept reflecting the black from the truck it was sitting on.

DSCN1725s.JPG

DSCN1727s.JPG

DSCN1723s.JPG

DSCN1724s.JPG

I AM THE LUCKIES MAN ALIVE!!

I bought a scale that will go to .00 grams.

I weigh all my rings and put them on a piece of paper and write down the weight. Then I weighed all my pistons and do the same. Then I put the heaviest rings on the lightest pistons and so fourth. I re-weighed all 4 pistons with the rings on and write it down.

Then I weighed all 4 rods and put the heaviest pistons with the lightest rods and reweighed.

Then I weighed all 4 wrist pins and put the heaviest with the lightest and pressed all my wrist pins hanging the pistons on the rods.

Get this!!

The weight of the assembled units.

8.79G
8.79G
8.79G
8.78G

I dont know if it will help but i wanted to know where i am at.

Made some progress today.

Made the wrist pins and hung the pistons
Fit the rings to the cylinders and installed on the pistons.
Put the seals on the crankshaft and installed the crankshaft.
Installed the postons and rods.
Confirmed the oil depth in the pan and marked the dipstick.

Hoping to degree in the cam tomorrow!

DSCN1729s.JPG

DSCN1730s.JPG

I'm mighty impressed, Steve :bow: :bow: :bow:

Chuck

Amazing Steve, I would have never given it a thought to balance the piston, rings and rods like that. Just another lesson to learn. Thanks for sharing....wish you lived closer.

Latest posts

Back