My Traction Engines

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasonb

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
A couple of people have asked my to post some pictures of my traction engines, as I have just uploaded some new ones this seems like a good time to do it.

The one in my Avitar is a 1" Minnie that was build on & off over a period of about 10years, the pictures are in this Album and there are a couple of videos at the end (sorry about the quality of the vids but the bright moving metal was causing the auto focus to play up)

The engine that I am working on at the moment is a 2" scale Fowler A7 to the MJ Engineering design. I had the copper boiler professionally made but the rest of what you can see in this album is about 10mths work, still a long way to go.

Jason

Those look great. MY hope someday is to build a traction engine myself. Great looking machining on the new one. Keep us posted as to how it is coming along.

my dad and i are working on building a pair of 1/4 scale 25 hp waterloo traction engines.
after looking at the engine you are building i'm glad we chose the waterloo's. they are so much simpler to build.
these fowlers and burrells and so forth are allot more complex and would take allot more time to build.

enough about my stuff.

from what i see in your pictures you are doing a great job...........excellent workmanship. :bow:
i as everyone else here will be looking forward to more pictures showing your progress.

chuck

You my friend are not afraid of doing some down right fussy fabrication! :bow:

That little hit and miss for instance.

I took a tour of your photo's.....VERY nicely done!

Welcome!

Dave

Latest posts

Back