New Member, Old Person

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 52078

Reaction score
I have rather dived in on the boiler thread, having a special interest in the thermodynamic design of steam boilers, but thought I better introduce myself here. I have been model engineering for about 54 years and have built a Rob Roy, a 4" Scale Burrell traction engine and my latest build is a self designed 7" scale Fowler steam lorry. I will put up a couple of picture of that on the photo gallery.
The daily dollar used to be earned as a chartered mechanical engineer on the design side of water industry infrastructure.
Martin

I have rather dived in on the boiler thread, having a special interest in the thermodynamic design of steam boilers, but thought I better introduce myself here. I have been model engineering for about 54 years and have built a Rob Roy, a 4" Scale Burrell traction engine and my latest build is a self designed 7" scale Fowler steam lorry. I will put up a couple of picture of that on the photo gallery.
The daily dollar used to be earned as a chartered mechanical engineer on the design side of water industry infrastructure.
Martin
Welcome to the group

Dave

Welcome Martin, glad to have you.

Fellow old person here.
The folks at the checkout counter routinely take one look at me and say "You look like you need a senior citizen's discount".
I won't repeat my response back to them, but suffice it to say it involves telling them they "look like" someone who needs a senior citizens discount put somewhere where the sun does not shine, LOL.

I work in the wastewater/water industry, which is a good place to work, since folks always need clean water, and they also need wastewater dealt with.
It is surprising how many folks think that all that water in the sink and toilet just vanishes from the face of the earth, when in reality, it gets moved somewhere else where someone has to clean it all up.

I built a crude steam engine as a 12th grade science project in 1975, and have just recently returned to the hobby model engine scene starting in 2011.

Pat J

Latest posts

Back