Kerzel a'la Tel

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes kustom it really has a bulletproof look to it, doesn't it
I like it too :)

;D I know the feeling, but I kept this one out of the scrap box.

'Tel suits action to words'

sorry about the fuzzy pic - batteries are getting down.

zeeprogrammer said:
Get some batteries Tel. We need more pics and a video.

Oh Zee, thats soooo funny.... Ive had the honour to visit Tels empire a little while ago.. and I want to 'Tell' you of the journey...

The Big Fella met me at the town square (isnt Macca's car park every towns square?) and from there I followed him out to his lair.... this took some 3 hours 19 minutes and required negotiating several flooded creek crossings, 2 guarded gates (triple pad locked), switchbacks and 3 point turn hairpins, mountain crests which (if you loooked closely) were guarded by (obviously) trained killer 'Roos.

Upion arrival I was made to park in an open paddock some distance from the Villa while I and my car were scanned electronically for illicite substance and (most probably) weapons of mass destruction, happily, Just like with George W, none were found..

Only then was I permitted to view some of the 'state secret' undergoings... many of which (but not all) have been displayed here.. In fact you have only seen a part of the 'great mans' offerings...ask him.. he might oblige... a very nice steam loco sitting on tracks caught my eye....

Point is... if he's out of batteries.... it may well be a looooong time afore he gets fresh ones..... :big:

HI Tel
u need me to put a couple of batterys in the mail?
im only up the track a bit ;D
Pete

She'll be right thanks mate - it's only a five day camel ride into town - when the creeks go down!

'Tis nice to see the proper geometry used on that belt pulley, Tel old buddy. It aggravates me no end to see pulleys that have been made with no crown on them whatsoever. As far as the seemingly harse conditions in the area, maybe it's time to move out of the slums and over to the other side of the mountain :big: :big: :big:

BC1
Jim B.

The other side of the mountain? :hDe: Thar be dragones!

Divererted from the main build again to play with doing a carby - a nice change from the CI. Pretty much straight to the Kerzel drawing, with a little air cleaner added. Inspired by Brian's ant, erm efforts, I rigged up a rough and ready test - with the mixture screw open 1 1/2 turns light breathe pressure will lift kerosine up a 5" tube and dispense it as a fine spray.

Looks very elegant Tel---show me a picture of the taper on your needle valve please. Did you read the part in my Kerzel post where I warn you about the rotation of your engine? If you make it rotate the same way as Ronald the Kiwi did, it unscrews the stub shaft which the cam gear rides on and both the gear and the cam will fall off in operation.---brian

Thanks Brian. Yes I did see that about the direction of rotation, and have been pondering the matter, you solution could well be the best way, as that shaft needs to be removed to do anything with the cam/timing. Bit hesitant to put loctite in there for that reason.

The other thing that did occur was to make the end a shouldered bolt, with a nut on the inside and a locking screw going down from the top of the bearing block. I'll let you know what I end up going with.

I'll get a pic of the needle when daylight is upon us - 3am is not a good time for that sort of activity, Mrs Tel tends to get grumpy.

AS promised Brian - nothing fancy, just a bit of 8BA all thread 'had at' with a file - might need some refinement later, but the initial breath tests indicate it is ok, with a reasonable working range.

I'll post it over on your thread as well

... and finished it off with a nicer twiddly bit!

Outstanding Tel. I like the decorative flair that you incorporated into a generally mundane and box-ish looking piece. That mesh screen invokes memories of a distant past college life. You do know that you might get stopped at the border on suspicion if you tried to take your engine out of the country don't you? :big:

BC1
Jim

TEL--when you built that carb, did you solder the two main peices together or loctite them? I soldered mine, and had problems---thought afterwards that probably loctite would have been sufficient.

The 'bottom; section is a press fit, with a tiny smear of retainer where it comes thru at the top. Hope it works out OK, but I could forsee problems with silver soldering it. Perhaps a bit of soft solder would suffice.

Sorry to keep asking you all these questions---what diameter did you make the bleed hole that bleeds gasoline out into the air stream?---Brian

1mm (0.039") mate, same as the orifice for the needle.

Latest posts

Back