First engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwentz

Reaction score
Very nice engine. Yes I love to what the engines that I build run. I have been out of the hobby for a while. Been spending time getting my shop back together. I purchased a new to me Clausing mill last week, and have been cleaning it back up. Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing.

Dale

Very nice work, thanks for sharing it. I know your father in law will be well pleased with this gift. All it takes is seeing that first one run and you ARE hooked. Hopefully he will let you visit it on occasion after Christmas ;)

Bill

Welcome to the club!

Nice work on the engine. I am sure your FIL will be pleased with the present.

Addictive isn't it?

Eric

Nice engine.--Welcome aboard. I know a number of people who would like to make a small boiler and give it to their mother in law!!!

Barthez said:
It ran it for the first time today on compressed air, a few tweaks here and there and it now runs quite smoothly on just a few psi.

It's a Christmas gift for my father in law, I am making a small boiler to go with it.

Welcome
icon_welcome.gif

Nice engine and congratulations on your first runner
099.gif

I don't know your experience or background so please bear with me if I am "Teaching you to Suck Eggs"

Boilers can be very dangerous things, even small ones at low pressure.
wow.gif

Please for your own and for the safety of those around you. FOLLOW THE CODES OF BUILDING AND OPERATING in your country.

Best Regards
Bob

Barthez
Congratulations and welcome :)

Brian
My mother in law was an old boiler ;)
Baldrocker

Barthez :bow: :bow:

Very nice job for a first engine. You deserve to be proud of it and I am sure your FIL will also enjoy it. Welcome to HMEM and enjoy your stay. I am sure we are all looking forward to watching your posts while you build your boiler.

Cheers

Don

Now you're hooked !! I just got #4 running last week, many many more to go !!

Nice job :)

well fellows I am hooked, I have been in the back ground looking, downloading ever bit if information that I can get to get somewhere even close to where some of you are, this is not much on one and did not even have enough material to build the flywhell, but valve handle was happy to join in, I really what to thanks everone who inputs and shares with those of less knowing, some of the enigne that have just been finished is and would be a dream to have built as you all have, I have most of them printed and have been going over what I would need to start one, thanks for the pic's other wise I would not know how to hold the work piece, did I say thanks, you fellow are great aat what you do and great teachers, thanks so much, Lathe Nut
wobblerengine.jpg

Brian Rupnow said:
Nice engine.--Welcome aboard. I know a number of people who would like to make a small boiler and give it to their mother in law!!!

My 1st Mother-in-Law was an "Old Boiler."
eek2.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Thank you for your kind words. :)
No worries Bob I playing it safe with the boiler it will be inspected and tested at my boat club. I have been following the boiler threads on this forum. I also have the model boiler book by K.N Harris, I will take it slowly and each step at a time and not cut corners . My father in law won't run. It will sit with his Mamods on his study shelf, but I want it to be right and safe. It is a stepping stone for me, you have to start somewhere.

Lathe nut - thats a nice engine with a neat fly wheel.

Thats a brilliant engine and well done! A good start. They are a useful bunch on here......

Ken,

That is a very nice Stirling Engine and obviously a great runner from the figures provided. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Very nicely done Ken. Having built a couple at 1/2 size I can say from experience that you should be all the more proud having done that as your first engine...Great Job!!

Bill

Ken :bow: :bow:

Very nice looking Sterling. You can be doubly proud of that seeing as it was your first. I will be looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us with your future builds.

Have a glass on me Ken.

Cheers

Don

immagine_champagne.jpg

You really really rock Ken! many compliments, I thing that Jerry Howell's models are simply marvellous.
Just a curiosity, how did You painted it black? is something like black oxide?
All the best

Paolo

Ken, if a running stirling was your first engine was your first engine, you have nothing
but successful projects to look forward to.

Do you have a video?

Rick

Latest posts

Back