a new work in progress my new 8,02 cc model glow engine.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hallo Model Engine Friends,

My last serie of pictures for today hopefully it was nice watching at.

Many greetings from : modelmotor-Gerard-The Netherlands-Europe

DSC02980.jpg

DSC02981.jpg

DSC02982.jpg

DSC02983.jpg

DSC02984.jpg

DSC02986.jpg

DSC02987.jpg

DSC02988.jpg

DSC02990.jpg

You can see most of the rough components from which the engine has been made of including some of the Milling work as well.No mounting Bolts or something like that are
used at that particular moment.

Greetings from modelmotor.

DSC02992.jpg

DSC02993.jpg

DSC02994.jpg

DSC02998.jpg

DSC02999.jpg

DSC03002.jpg

DSC03004.jpg

DSC03008.jpg

DSC03011.jpg

Hallo Model Engine Friends

I introduce a picts serie from the rough model engine parts which need an real extra finishing touch because of the fact that i used mills who were a to small.
The parts at the end fit very reasonable for not made by CNC tooling equipment.
I hope that you like the work i did at this moment.

many greetings from modelmotor-Gerard

DSC03010.jpg

DSC03015.jpg

DSC03016.jpg

DSC03017.jpg

DSC03018.jpg

DSC03019.jpg

DSC03020.jpg

DSC03024.jpg

DSC03026.jpg

Hallo Steve,
Thank you very much for your sympathic reactions on my project.The Boll 49 model glow engine is just ment for people who are n't experienced metal workers with often basic metal machines.I ment with basic more the machinery without cnc equipment.
I made all the other Boll engines as well so it was a very nice job making this one too.Now after making this engine and the pictures i feel very OK i can say.

many greeting from modelmotor-Gerard-The Netherlands-Europe.

As usuall another serie model glow engine pics.
I hope that these pics will give an idea how much work it is to make a real model glow engine

many greetings again from modelmotor-Gerard-The Netherlands-Europe.

DSC03244.jpg

DSC03248.jpg

DSC03250.jpg

DSC03252.jpg

DSC03254.jpg

DSC03258.jpg

DSC03259.jpg

DSC03262.jpg

Hallo Emgee,

No the plans are drawn by Chris Boll from the U.K.He has done this work ofter by his Boll Aero,and Boll Major model diesel engines for example.

many greetings from modelmotor

Hallo Michael,

Thanks for the compliments on my engine.
Yes in a far state the engine is ,but there's still some more work to do before a first start can be planned.
In basic there has been planned only a standard venturi for this engine,but i am modifying a standard R/C carburettor at the moment to try if good running is possible and if the throttle will work on this type of engine as well.
The conrod is also not as what i ment for this kind and size of engine however on the drawing this kind conrod was ment to be used in this engine.
I will try to make another one bronze bushed if possible.It will be my first conrod with bronze bushings so some of these refinements will certainly be necessary to prevent the engine against damage when something goes wrong.
A video will certainly be made when the new 8,02 cc model glow engine is running,but that will be in Spring-Summer.It's now the Winter season ideal to make a model engine or to refine a model engine.

many greetings from modelmotor-Gerard-The Netherlands-Europe.

Hallo Model Engine Friends
The next pics shows my clinder liner on the middle section of the crankcase without the cilinder fin body.This pics belongs to those pics shown on page.1 from this
new Thread nearly at the end of the making from my Liner.
It will give you an idea how it looks like before mounting all the other engine parts.

many greetings from modelmotor

DSC03072.jpg

A friend of mine who's spezialized in making very good metal tools made a manual screw thread cutting toolset.I have made a couple of pics to show you how nicly it's made and how nice it works ,however most of you are so very specialized that this kind of tools are so well known to them.
A number of pics from the making from my 8,02 cc model glow engine will follow as soon as possible.

DSC03343.jpg

DSC03345.jpg

DSC03344.jpg

DSC03346.jpg

DSC03347.jpg

DSC03348.jpg

Dear Model Engine Friends,

A new small serie of pics from my 8,02 cc model glow engine.At the moment i am finishing the outside from the engine special the cooling fins and the crankcase.
I will try to get my modified R/C carburettor in a good condition and after that i will make a standard venturi including spray bar and needle.I hope that everything will go in
good order.I hope you like the pics the are froma reasonable quality no more no less.The making from a new Custom made R/C carburettor has been stopped for a while,but will finish that later on maybe in about some weeks i will start that work again.
I will send some extra pics when the R/C acrburettor has been mounted on the short steel tube with screw thread which can be seen out of the backplate.It is made from
a part of an iron Bolt in the right size.I first bored it out till the right diametre after that i made screw thread on the comple small piece of steel tube which was left.The result is that theis small short piece of steel tube can be screwed into the backplate and on that small piece of steel tube can be screwed the R/C carburettor.
I hope that you like my pics who are from a reasonable quality this time.

At the moment i am busy with some updates at my 8,02 cc model glow engine.The Back plate has been done with special very fine polish paper and a very good polishing cream.It now look good to me and nearly all the scratches have been disappeared.The Rotary disk and the inside from the Back plate are now polished in a much better way as result that the Rotary disk now fits perfect on the inner side of the Back plate.
At the moment one pics has been made to show you that my modified R/C Carburettor got's a nice rubber O ring as sealing between the Carburettor housing and the Backplate instead of that ugly looking brass O ring.There will follow a number of extra pics in s hort while from upgrated engine parts as well.

Many greetings from modelmotor.

DSC03384.jpg

This is a very interesting thread. I have made many 4 stroke engines, but would like to make a 2 stroke engine now. You are doing very nice work. Where can I buy the plans, as I do not want to make an engine using castings.---Brian in Canada

Hallo Brian,

Thank you for sending me your compliments about my latest model engine.
I can probably make coies from my planset for you if like.
This will take not so much time i expect.
This engine is also designed by mr.Chris Boll living in the U.K.
I made more engines he designed in the past you see them on my other model engine threads.
He has send me one of his first prototype drawings to see if this engine could be made by people with basic metal working machinery like i am.
I do n't know in how far he's able to send you copies of his planset/drawings at this moment.
I will also keep in touch with you in a short while you can expect post from me by personal message.
Thanks very much Brian for contacting me.

many greetings from modelmotor-Gerard-The Netherlands-Europe

Latest posts

Back