my first steps into the world of model engine building was a symple steam engine.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hallo model engine and steam engine friends,

My first steps into the wonderfull world of model engine building started with the built from a symple one cilinder Steam Engine.
I found a plan for such an engine in a German Machinery magazine which i often bought at the book and magazine store on the railway station in Emmerich an old town in Germany just beneath the Dutch border.
I started with a lot of enthousiasm with this project ,but after making a number of tiny steam engine parts often with tiny screw thread in them i stopped to finish this engine.I took distance from the subject model engine building at all for a number of years till i made contact with someone who started to built a small model diesel engine his own which could be made with symple machinery and from easy to obtain material.I was again very enthousiastic ,but this time i finished this engine and there after several other model diesel engines as already known.
I still kept the Steam Engine parts through the years photo's will show you the finished parts.
Now the problem is that i am missing the plan/drawing from that Steam Engine.I know it must be on my Hobby Ceiling somewere so i will try to find it back and when time permits i will try to finish this project as well.
I hope you like the parts i made till so far.
many greetings from modelmotor-Gerard-The Netherlands-Europe.

Boll Aero engine parts  and Steam Engine parts 018.jpg

Boll Aero engine parts  and Steam Engine parts 019.jpg

Boll Aero engine parts  and Steam Engine parts 020.jpg

Boll Aero engine parts  and Steam Engine parts 022.jpg

Hallo Rudi,
Thak you for the compliments you gave me for my first try out to built a little Steam Machine.
At the moment the situation is this i am trying to find out were the plan/drawing hangs out.
I am nearly sure that i did n't threw the plan/drawing away so now i have the difficulty to find it somewere.
I am sure that the plan/drawing will be found in a while i will look after and in all my books,magazines etc to find
it.
In the time of building it i found the difficulty of reading the drawing and making the parts just "a bridge to far" for me.
I will certainly let you know if i will continuate this building from the little Steam Machine.

many greetings from modelmotor-Gerard-The Netherlands-Europe.

Back