workshop music

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zeeprogrammer said:
Reminds me...when I was a kid I dreamed of someday having enough money to buy a HeathKit short wave radio set. They don't make them anymore.

Zee

You can probably still get them if you look on flea bay. :big: :big:

Cheers

Don

dsquire said:
You can probably still get them if you look on flea bay.

Well that was an interesting cruise. It was interesting to see stuff I hadn't looked at for 40 years. It was a nice dream...but it was fulfilled by becoming an electronics engineer (now software engineer). Maybe I'm burned out and it will come back...but I don't want to do any electronics at home anymore. Software is my day job.

Seems like I can find all of my old dreams on eBay. Beetles, girders 'n' panels, meccano, music, etc. Well...almost all. Pamela and Brenda might be difficult. Although Judy might be easy. But I'd be a dead man to go looking. I'll stick with dreams.

I thought you were a "Paula" guy, Zee! Twotimer Fourtimer. What a rat.

shred said:
Transistors!?! Pshaw, everybody knows tubes provide the best machinery-hall audio-phony sound, taint that right Mr. Troutsqueezer?
Next best thing to a Victrola on your desk.
;D ;D ;D

Oh crap, it's like giving an alcoholic a drink. I usta have a problem when I was a young man. I loved everything audio so much I could never stop talking about it when somebody asked me a question. I lost a lot of friends back then and a lot of potential girl friends.

There are people who swear by tubes and I don't blame them at all. I'm gonna try to keep this short 'cause I need all the friends I can get these days. ;D

((edit> I just deleted three paragraphs that gave a description of the pros and cons of tube amps that would have bored any normal human being to death! I should get an award of some kind for that. :big:))

-Trout

Latest posts

Back