workshop music

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What?.....No Disco :big:

Mike, I have a drill press with an x-y table I call Milli Vanilli. :big: :big:

Kel

kcmillin said:
What?.....No Disco :big:

Mike, I have a drill press with an x-y table I call Milli Vanilli. :big: :big:

Kel

Kel, how do you know it's really an x-y table, then? :D

Oh...and some country music too. The real stuff. Like Patsy Cline (a favorite).

heavy rock for me it drain's out all the hammering

If you have access to the internet whilst in the shop, I highly recommend Radio Paradise.
24h/day live streamed commercial free* music.

Covers most genres, and is generally very good background/shed music.
Sometimes it's a bit hit and miss, but mostly it's good stuff.

http://www.radioparadise.com/index.php

* Commercial free as in no commercial breaks.

If you can identify the guy playing this guitar, you know what my music is. I can't listen to much of this in the shop. It needs Bourbon and maybe a little ice.

Jerry

Captain Jerry said:
If you can identify the guy playing this guitar, you know what my music is. I can't listen to much of this in the shop. It needs Bourbon and maybe a little ice.
Jerry

My guess is Willie Nelson.

Kel

shop%20121.jpg
shop%20119.jpg

Got my tunes framed into the ceiling. The MP3 player set to random. Everything from classical and jazz, to rap and heavy metal. Along with classic radio plays like the Shadow and Gospel Preaching.

Kevin, what you've created there is known as an infinite baffle w/regards to the woofer in addition to the tuned porting it already has. Should give you some nice bass, or at least a lot of it. Now you just need to replace those tweeter horns. :)

kcmillin said:
My guess is Willie Nelson.

Kel

You da man, Kel. Willie can bend a string and hammer down in the minor keys with the best of them.

Kevin, what you've created there is known as an infinite baffle w/regards to the woofer in addition to the tuned porting it already has. Should give you some nice bass, or at least a lot of it. Now you just need to replace those tweeter horns. Smiley

Dennis, All I know is those suckers crank. And should last a lifetime seeing as I don't have them cranked very often. Do you mean I should add treble speakers instead of the horns?

Captain Jerry said:
You da man, Kel. Willie can bend a string and hammer down in the minor keys with the best of them.

It is hard to mistake Willie's guitar playing for anything els. I have limited knowledge of Willie, but I know his guitar playing any day.

Thats when country music was good.

Kel

Hey
a late comer to this thread . Looks like many with eclectic tastes. I lean mostly to the classical music and the old hymns. I like real county music what many folks call blue grass. stuff played on acoustic guitar fiddle and banjo. And throw in some dulcimer and it is even better. I have and strum on a dulcimer myself. (Hard o do while running a lathe though)
I laugh to myself when people talk about 1950s rock and roll as oldies music. one of my favorite tunes is an old Irish Celtic melody written in 433AD know as "Shane"
Studies have shown that playing background instrumental music aids in creativity.
One place I used to work at we played a lot of big band music. And since I have a 1937 south bend that would be appropriate shop music as well .
As far as internet music my son likes Pandora. you create your own "radio station(s)" based on what you like and do not like. IIRC it is free , you do have to register.
Tin

Tin Falcon said:
Studies have shown that playing background instrumental music aids in creativity.

As I said early on in this thread, I hate background music or radio in my shop.

The above says it all ::) ::)

I guess I should also say that I like music mostly classical and Rogers and Hammerstein/Andrew Lloyd Webber/Cole Porter that type of thing.

During my life I studied violin for 4 years from age 8. I played all the brass instruments except trombone. If they were desperate I played the drums. Finally my 1st wife was a muso and I played recorder with her on the piano and we knocked out some pretty ordinary baroque but we enjoyed it.
Best Regards
Bob

I typically like classical as it soothes,but doesn't distract......Classical Spanish guitar is great.

Dave

KustomKB said:
Dennis, All I know is those suckers crank. And should last a lifetime seeing as I don't have them cranked very often. Do you mean I should add treble speakers instead of the horns?

You should leave them as is, given the application. That was just my audiophile days kicking in. Horns are notorious for bad sound quality but only to purists, to everyone else they sound great.

Since there's some show 'n tell going on, here's my sound system:

radio1.jpg

Seven transistors! Ooooo.. (Sorry to brag. I've always been on the cutting edge.)
My, my. I need to dust!

:D
Dean

Deanofid said:
Seven transistors! Ooooo.. (Sorry to brag. I've always been on the cutting edge.)
My, my. I need to dust!
Transistors!?! Pshaw, everybody knows tubes provide the best machinery-hall audio-phony sound, taint that right Mr. Troutsqueezer?
Next best thing to a Victrola on your desk.
ShopTunes.jpg

My goodness, I'd better get back to work, the daylight's a-fadin' and whale oil for the lamps comes dear nowadays.
;D ;D ;D

Deanofid said:
My, my. I need to dust!

I thought that's what you've been doing. :big: No other explanation.

I've laid claimed to my parent's Grundig and Philips radios.

Sad memories are returning...when I was a kid, I took apart a Grundig short wave radio, and one of the early reel-to-reel recorders, and other electronic stuff. It was all in the name of learning...and got me where I am...but I wish I still had them.

Reminds me...when I was a kid I dreamed of someday having enough money to buy a HeathKit short wave radio set. They don't make them anymore.

Latest posts

Back