Some pics of my workshop

Help Support HMEM:

BaronJ

Grumpy Old Git.
Reaction score
I hate stainless... A friend has said to me a few times, if you want some I've got plenty. He seems to be able to machine it like it was EN1

HennieL

Reaction score
OK, let's get back to the shop...

Being the type that believes in having a place for every thing, and everything in it's place, one of the best purchases for my shop was this tool trolley, that also doubles as my TIG welding cart:
Trolley.jpg

My "general" lathe tools are in the first drawer:
Top drawer.jpg

My quick-change toolholders (Swiss type) and boring bar holders are in drawer no 2:
Lathe toolholders.jpg

All the drill chucks and lathe cutters and bits are in no 3:
Chucks & cutters.jpg

I have a weak spot for drills, as can be seen in drawer no 4:
Drills.jpg

Drawer number 5 is for my measuring tools:
Measuring.jpg

No 6 is for all my TIG and other welding "stuff":
Tig welding.jpg

The change wheels and steadies (and a few other odds and ends) are in drawer no 7:
Change gears.jpg

And the deep drawer no 8 houses my TIG foot control, the lathe face plate and four-position tool post, and some gloves:
Big tray.jpg

And the large vertical section on the right is used to store my welding helmet, ventilator and four-jaw chuck (when it's not on my lathe, which is not very often...)
Big door.jpg

HennieL

Reaction score
And in case you're wondering, my spanners and other "general" small tools are stored in a wooden cupboard that used to be mounted over my wooden work bench, but because of having to re-arrange my garage to accommodate the lathe is now only mounted over my car ;)
Tool cupboard.jpg

Richard Hed

Reaction score
And in case you're wondering, my spanners and other "general" small tools are stored in a wooden cupboard that used to be mounted over my wooden work bench, but because of having to re-arrange my garage to accommodate the lathe is now only mounted over my car ;)
View attachment 116531
You are so organized, how can you ever find anything?

HennieL

Reaction score
:D:D
Richard, that's the only way that I DO find anything.

I just hate it to look for a missing tool, and as I posted earlier in this thread, I have some nasty gremlins living in my workshop who likes nothing better than to hide my tools if I don't put them away after use.

Latest posts