India Tools

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think with the case of the older Royal Enfields, it has a lot to do with the tranfser of the design from Cast Iron Cylinders and heads and vertical split crank/gear casings to Alloy Cylinders and Heads completely different crank/gear case architecture.
That would ALWAYS make a difference. Do you know any more about that?

If you buy cheap overseas, expect cheap, and if it ends up being better than cheap, count your blessings. If the quality is poor, then that's why it didn't cost much.

I have been buying from Harbor Freight for over 20 years. In the beginning, it was definitely buyer beware. Now, 20 years later, the stuff still comes from China, you still have to read the reviews and know what "not to buy." But they do offer some very nice items at incredible prices. Their $99 (now about $125) OHV Predator engine is one of the best small engines I have ever purchased. And the Milwaukee look-alike portable power band/hack saw is another $99 dream.
But if you want a $99 tool to perform and last like the $400 original, and it doesn't, ........ take a look in the mirror, ......not at the tool. I still get burned every now and then, but that was the choice I made.

No offense meant.

Last edited:
Overseas, I owned two very good 80's vintage yamahas still made new in India. They were very reliable considering the amount of beating I gave them.
For heavier castings and items like an arbor press, you can also find gems. Price of steel in the US is horrendous.

I like these videos from Pakistan. A lot of nuance that makes the setup required appear "easy".

Latest posts

Back