Who is going to the NAMES Expo?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmerritt

Reaction score
I have been the expo a couple of times but it has been many years. So I think it is time to go again! I am trying to convince my 9 year old son to take the trip with me. So who all is going to be there? It would be nice to put some faces to all the names out there.

Hope to meet some of you,

Peter

I will also be there Fri. Sat. and Sun. Stop by and say Hi.
gbritnell

I will be there by mid morning Friday. We have rented a 15 passenger van and 8 of us are coming together from the Boston area. For 2 of us it will be the 20th year we have made the trip together.

I will also be giving a talk on Saturday, "Adventures in Home Shop CNC"

Ron,

That's quite a haul! It's only a six hour trek from here. I'll keep my look out for you guys.

Peter

I'll be there Fri. Sat and Sun with the Morton M-5 and the Farmboy and a few others.
Jim

Wish I could. I made it to several, but the move from Plymouth Indiana to South Texas makes it a bit long of a drive. Somebody take a bunch of pictures because it is always great to see what people have been playing with.

Drive with care and have a great time.

Pete

My two younger brothers & I are taking a road trip to shake off the winter blahs. Neither of them had any ideas of where to go, so I suggested Detroit, for the NAMES show. They are both interested in my hobby so they said "we'll go for it".

We will be there on Saturday for the show. Sunday we will probably take in some of the Ford museum. After that it is up for grabs. I think we will head for Toronto and then to Sault Ste Marie. From there we can travel over the top of Lake Superior and back home. Someone also mentioned something about Branson, MO.

My one brother & I are retired so schedules aren't part of the plans. The younger brother still has a couple years left as a police detective before he retires, but once we hit the road, he may be out voted.

Hope to meet a lot of HMEM members. Looking forward to it.

putputman said:
My two younger brothers & I are taking a road trip to shake off the winter blahs. Neither of them had any ideas of where to go, so I suggested Detroit, for the NAMES show. They are both interested in my hobby so they said "we'll go for it".

We will be there on Saturday for the show. Sunday we will probably take in some of the Ford museum. After that it is up for grabs. I think we will head for Toronto and then to Sault Ste Marie. From there we can travel over the top of Lake Superior and back home. Someone also mentioned something about Branson, MO.

My one brother & I are retired so schedules aren't part of the plans. The younger brother still has a couple years left as a police detective before he retires, but once we hit the road, he may be out voted.

Is it going to be a "Wild Hogs" type of trip ;D
Take lots of photos.
Regards,
Gerald.

I'd like to see the Ford museum. I think that I'll try to be a bit more organized next year so I can take my son to the Expo and try to hit the Ford museum and also the Duesenberg museum in Auburn Indiana.

putputman said:

Arv, I'll be surprised if you can pull yourself away from the NAMES show after only a day and a half. Last time I went, I flew up on a Thursday night, went to the Ford Museum and Greenfield Village on Friday, then attended the NAMES exposition all day Saturday and Sunday... flew home Sunday evening.

I keep promising myself to make the NAMES show but its quite a long haul from SC and gas prices are on the rise again. I'll be home making chips again this year. Maybe Cabin fever...eh?

Steve

I will be going on Saturday haven't missed a show from 1997 except 2007. It is always a great time lots to see and many interesting people to talk with. I like the miniature engines the best. A few years ago a fellow had a running engine on his tie as a tie tack. I think he had a air tank in his pocket and ran it off of air. It was so small you really had to look close to see it run. amazing. George​

Crud :( 😢. Had planned on going. Flew to Chicago (family time) a few days ago and was going to drive today (fri) from there. Then some serious family issues came up for my brother and decided he needs my support more then I need to see some masters making outstanding models :(

So I get to sit here in Chicago while you guys get to see all the cool toys.

Family first.

I want to see LOTS of pictures !

Mike

Is this in Michigan? I guess it really does not matter since I am busy, but I'll be extra sad if I miss it and it's only a few hour drive away.

Sent from my iPad using Model Engines

Latest posts

Back