The closed business of Strath Steam has released a book called Advanced Steam Engine Design

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strath Steam

Reaction score
Hi Shelton
You asked what I had been up to lately well I returned from a 10 week round the world trip launch a new book I have published which describes the 30 years from 1987 to 2017 manufacturing the range of Strath Steam engines and boilers as there were sold all over the world and I have set up some more overseas distributers in Europe, England, Canada the USA and Japan.
As yet there is no outlet in Australia as I figured being away for 2 1/2 months I would not encourage sales in Australia until had I returned.
The book is a quality paperback and has over 200 pages with many drawings and colour photos.
It is quite different to most of the books that have been written for model engineers or people who are keen to build there own bigger engines it is divided into four sections the first tells the reader about the technical side of building engines on an industrial scale covering areas of material selection, tolerances, rules of thumb when it comes to dimensions, and methods of manufacture for marine applications, stationary motive power and second generation enclosed engines for automotive applications.
The second section is the owners manual for people who bought marine engines for boats up to 12 metres (40 feet long).
The third section is a copy of the Sales catalogue from start up in 1987 to 2017 and describes much of the technical notes regarding the R and D testing of the modern control systems on the Car and the high speed boat
The fourth section tells many stories both funny and serious of customers instances of how they stuffed up their perfectly good steam plants or damaged their boilers.
I would be interested to get some pricing on advertising on the forum.
I have attached a picture of the book.
Best Regards
Rod Muller

Hi Shelton
You asked what I had been up to lately well I returned from a 10 week round the world trip launch a new book I have published which describes the 30 years from 1987 to 2017 manufacturing the range of Strath Steam engines and boilers as there were sold all over the world and I have set up some more overseas distributers in Europe, England, Canada the USA and Japan.
As yet there is no outlet in Australia as I figured being away for 2 1/2 months I would not encourage sales in Australia until had I returned.
The book is a quality paperback and has over 200 pages with many drawings and colour photos.
It is quite different to most of the books that have been written for model engineers or people who are keen to build there own bigger engines it is divided into four sections the first tells the reader about the technical side of building engines on an industrial scale covering areas of material selection, tolerances, rules of thumb when it comes to dimensions, and methods of manufacture for marine applications, stationary motive power and second generation enclosed engines for automotive applications.
The second section is the owners manual for people who bought marine engines for boats up to 12 metres (40 feet long).
The third section is a copy of the Sales catalogue from start up in 1987 to 2017 and describes much of the technical notes regarding the R and D testing of the modern control systems on the Car and the high speed boat
The fourth section tells many stories both funny and serious of customers instances of how they stuffed up their perfectly good steam plants or damaged their boilers.
I would be interested to get some pricing on advertising on the forum.
I have attached a picture of the book.
Best Regards
Rod Muller
Good to see your still around i saw your dteam plantin operation I think healthy weathy and wise show with a couple in
Trenthum vic. Is your book for sale or special order?

Latest posts

Back