waterloo traction engine .29 scale

Help Support HMEM:

GreenTwin

Reaction score
Your build is coming along very nicely.
It took me quite a few years to get the iron thing worked out.
There are some tricks to getting clean machinable iron with no hard spots or voids.

Great work !

sawyer massey

Reaction score
I find it is alot to do with what you are using for scrap electrick
Motor cast is what I use never have hard spots any more before that it was a shot in the dark

Mike N

Reaction score
I just spotted this build, it is very impressive. It's fun to see how others find clever ways to machine castings. You are certainly a master at your craft!

GreenTwin

Reaction score
The welding on this project is impressive too.
Welding is an art, and while I have done a lot of it, I would really need to take a class in order to do Code welding.

swarf

Reaction score
Shield time is everything with welding. If your stick welding, remember L.A.S.H.T.
L = arc length
A = electrode angle
S = travel speed
H = amperage (heat)
T = technique
If all else is as it's suppose to be (bevel angle, root opening, landing size, material type etc) chances are it will be one or more of those key points.

johnmcc69

Reaction score
Very nice!
I love the sound of it when you put a load on the engine! A beautiful thing...

John

LorenOtto

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
the saw mill is run by my other engine last year .....but it shows the mill
Enjoy
Thank you for sharing the video. I especially enjoyed the small sawmill powered by an actual Steam Traction Engine. What is the sawmill modeled after; Frick? I built a 1/4 scale American from castings and plans developed by master modeler Dirk Petersen, now deceased. I have enjoyed showing it at many shows here in the Northwest. But I have had the opportunity to power it with a model steam tractor. Maybe someday. Good show.

sawyer massey

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing the video. I especially enjoyed the small sawmill powered by an actual Steam Traction Engine. What is the sawmill modeled after; Frick? I built a 1/4 scale American from castings and plans developed by master modeler Dirk Petersen, now deceased. I have enjoyed showing it at many shows here in the Northwest. But I have had the opportunity to power it with a model steam tractor. Maybe someday. Good show.
Not to sure it was built by a man named Harold Lunny many years ago 1972 I think