waterloo traction engine .29 scale

Help Support HMEM:

sawyer massey

Reaction score
Mounts are machined and rough fitted ....do the rest when the boilers finished.
And one rear hub one front back hub is 16lb

Attachments

swarf

Reaction score
Is this boiler designed by a P/ENG?
What process did you use to weld the boiler with and what filler metals did you use? Was or is the TSSA involved? What materials did you use? Do you hold a current weld ticket for the process you are welding with?

sawyer massey

Reaction score
It's under code #1 ,2 it's 5/16 516 grade 70 plate tube sheets are 3/8 6011 root 7018 fill and my license lapsed years ago
The pipe is a 36 .......will the service your question ?

swarf

Reaction score
Lol Sawyer, I'm not being critical or smart ass. I'm a code pipe welder by trade and huge steam enthusiast. Just asking because I'm interested in what your doing.
I'm fabricating an HRT boiler and I am exempt from code construction, or should I rephrase bound to ASME section one under the model boilers clause.

sawyer massey

Reaction score
What engine are you building it for .......I have one that was given to me years ago 90,%done I'd quess about 7or 8 inch diameter roughly 24 long was for a Peterson traction engine a friend of mine was building ........I'll never use it

swarf

Reaction score
What engine are you building it for .......I have one that was given to me years ago 90,%done I'd quess about 7or 8 inch diameter roughly 24 long was for a Peterson traction engine a friend of mine was building ........I'll never use it
Are you ready for this, it's has a 10 inch shell and theoretically produces just under 1hp. All for a Stuart 10v 🤣. Have other intentions for the boiler. But the 10v is all I have (machining) currently.

Latest posts