Touching Base

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickus

Reaction score
I can't seem to find time to do fun projects. Life has been so busy, not counting the therapy to be able to walk from breaking my back, time is minimal. I have been using my lathe and mini mill to fabricate parts for everything that breaks around here and for friends though. Now the Mrs. wants to sell our house and move to a smaller one which means even more honey do items for me! My poor 1953 Ford F-100 is still sitting in the same spot in the garage with the corners still waiting to be welded in place, the chassis on the other side and the engine on the stand by my bike. I can say that when time DOES allow, my wife and I enjoy a nice bike ride together, her on her Road Star and me on my Ural. Not machining, but thinking about it while riding. I'll keep lurking in the background for now.

Hi Rickus.
Welcome to the HMEM forum.
Best of luck with your recovery, and possible downsizing move.

Welcome to HMEM! I know all too well how life comes in the way of finding time for hobbies.

Hey Chucketn, I'm in Louisiana just north of New Orleans.
Today I was to take my daughter (going through a bad divorce) to Crusin' the Coast but my Ural pooped out. We were able to ride her back home and when I went to fix her the Mrs. pulled out a few boxes of tile and made me removed the laminate flooring at the French doors and install the tile to create an accent. This wasn't even on the honey-do-list! Funny how things work out though, she told me Sunday is all mine to fix my bike and I can do whatever I want Monday thru Wednesday. Wonder what I have to do tomorrow..... I have just come back inside from cleaning and oiling the mini mill and lathe up so I will FINALLY get to work on the little CO2 V8 I wanted to fabricate for about two years now. Hope to get the block done before getting back to her list of things to do. Pease note that during all this time not being able to do what I really want to do, I have been using my mill and lathe off and on fabricating parts for lawn mowers, weed eaters, friends, family, etc. Well, time to go out and eat with the wife now that she is home. Guess I'll find out what tomorrow has in store for me. Marriage, (34 years on Sunday) Bah Humbug..:)

Latest posts

Back