Test run of Brians flyball governor

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very very nice Brian. Will be a great addition to your engine, making it that much more athentic. Keep up the good work. :bow:

Brian,

Now that you have done all of design work I will use this as a model for my flyball Governor. I need to build 3 of them for my Mery Engines. I want them to be functional with the propane mixer.

Great Job! :bow:

I copied Brian's Governor but made mine with 3 balls. I plan to make it functional on one of my Mery engines.

View attachment Gov.bmp

IMG_6060.JPG

Mike--That looks fantastic. I would imagine that it will be even more responsive than my 2 baller. Hope to hear more about it.---Brian

Nice looking governer! I like your test set up too! ;D

Dave

A few people have expressed an interest in building the governor I designed as a 3 ball unit. Since I am without other "real" work right now, I have done a redesign, changing only the parts which will be affected by changing to a 3 ball system. All of the other parts are the same as those in the "uploads and downloads" section of this forum.---Brian
briansflyballgovernor-3ball-model.jpg

Neat-o. Have you made one and tried it vs. the 2 ball? I'd be interested to see the comparison; is it more or less sensitive, and does it perform enough better to warrant the extra work involved?

You know you want to!

rleete said:
Neat-o. Have you made one and tried it vs. the 2 ball? I'd be interested to see the comparison; is it more or less sensitive, and does it perform enough better to warrant the extra work involved?

You know you want to!
Rleete--If you want to know, build one. I built the 2 ball, and it works great. I designed the 3 ball as a favour to someone who asked about it.

Latest posts

Back