Test run of Brians flyball governor

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I build it, it will take years. You can knock things out seemingly instantaneously.

Rleete--Not to be overtly rude here, but the majority of folks on this forum actually build things themselves, and then post about it, or else they ask questions about something they are working on. You seem to comment on everyone elses builds, but other than comments you don't seem to have much to contribute. If you have any machinery yourself, or if you actually build or plan on building things yourself, then fine, lets have it. This probably sounds far meaner than I intend it to be, but man, lets see some of your stuff.---brian

No, not overly rude. Point taken and noted. I was just commenting on the speed at which you can knock things out.

I have a 7x10 Homier lathe and a HF micromill. I have no formal instruction in their use, so I am pretty slow at producing parts. I'm in the process of making my first engine - a vertical wobbler of my own design. I'll post pics when I have it finished, which should be fairly soon. I'm trying to get the polishing done before taking pictures and posting notes on the build.

I actually built a 3 ball Governor after seeming the 2 ball gov. Brian designed. I have the 3 ball installed on my engine & I am in the fine tuning stage. If you look back into this thread I have a photo of the 3 ball & a sketch of it. I will post a video of the engine & gov. later

View attachment GOV.bmp

Mike--You did a great job on that. I based my 3 ball drawings on the picture that you put up of the 3 ball unit which was based on my 2 ball unit. Thats incest isn't it?? ;D ;D

;D Got 'em saved and printed mate ...... BUT ......
It's gonna get a bit crowded at the top of the stem post with the two yolks silver soldered up thar. ;)

tel said:
;D Got 'em saved and printed mate ...... BUT ......
It's gonna get a bit crowded at the top of the stem post with the two yolks silver soldered up thar. ;)

Just think of it as a double yolked stempost. :big: :big:

Latest posts

Back