Team build

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Each member will assemble there own the show engine and auction /raffle engine will be assembled by someone on the team probably team captains.
Tin

I will order the brass for the bearings I'm making tomorrow. It should be here by mid next week at the latest. At that point I will start making parts. I'll try to take pictures each step of the way.

Ok here are the parts I will make.

screw.jpg

crankshaft.jpg

Are you guys sure you want that crank screw made from brass?

Hi

Question: are we changing the reversing valve stud to 4-40 also, or staying with the 3-48? (I've got exactly one 3-48 tap, so I'm pretty well guaranteed to bust it, life's like that!)

Joe

tattoomike68 said:
I would like to do

crank disk
Crank shaft

and assembly of the crank.
Mike
This was posted on the part assignment thread.

Also I have deere_x475 guy down for the cranks screws

I would do a later design of it and make it from 12L14 hex stock this eliminates the need to machine the slot.

Joe
Lets change the stud to 4-40

Tin

Tin,

Can you please add the reversing valve stud change to your "changes" post is that is what we want.

Thanks!

As I read the current changes that will be the only change to the bearing thread sizes.

looks like thing are coming together pretty well. there are still a few leftover parts to divy up.
Bob W
do you think you could handle the con rods? The fly wheels are pretty straight forward.

we need to finalize changes . So if you see any needed or wanted changes that are not posted let me know.
Tin

Sure, put me down for the con rods. They'll be a little more interesting than the flywheels. I should about have gotten them right by the time I've made 12, so the second 12 really would be right, LOL!

Best,

BW

Tin and or Eric,

I was checking to see who else was building cylinders and noticed wrist pins weren't beside my name. I am supposed to do these also ,correct?

Brass_Machine- 6 sets Piston /Cylinder/flange/Wrist pin (6)
Zeusrekenining - 6 cylinder/ piston/ cylinder support

Tim

zeusrekning said:
Tin and or Eric,

I was checking to see who else was building cylinders and noticed wrist pins weren't beside my name. I am supposed to do these also ,correct?

Brass_Machine- 6 sets Piston /Cylinder/flange/Wrist pin (6)
Zeusrekenining - 6 cylinder/ piston/ cylinder support

Tim

Hey Tim,

Wrist pins are yours too. I will fix that.

Eric

Bob W: Thanks for taking on the con rods as well as the flywheels I will note the change on the master list.

Tim: good catch on the wrist pin omittion.

Mike: we already assigned the screws to deere_x475guy but I have a pm out to him asking if he is willing to do the piping and flange instead.

It looks like we are just about all on the same page and building can start by next weekend.
Tin Falcon

Who is making the piping?

I just came from the hobby shop and noticed the have a really good selection of small copper and brass tube. They did have 1/8" od copper tube. I have 1/4" x 1" copper bar. If the person making the piping would like to use copper I can send a piece of copper. That offer goes to anyone else also. If you are willing to whittle your part out of 1/4"x1" I think mixing up the colors of material will be nice. PM me if interested.
Tim

I think that different color metals look nice also. I have the column material coming. I'm also going to supply te fasteners for the top of the column's. I found some 4-40 stainless hex head bolts that will look nice. Should I get some washers? The local hardware store had some little bronze lock washers that would look great here. I'll see if they still have any.

Later, Wes

Are we using flat head screws for bolting the cylinder support to the columns? If so can someone pm me the actual head diameter.
Tim

I found some stainless hex head screws Here I thought they might look better? The head is 3/16" across the flats. Let me know and I'll supply these:eek:)

Wes

I will be building these parts:

MyOpenColumnParts.gif

pipeandflange.gif

steamconnector.gif

Jim, what size hex do you think I should order from McMaster Carr for the steam connector? I will need to order the 1/8" copper piping and material for the flange also.

zeusrekning said:
Who is making the piping?

I just came from the hobby shop and noticed the have a really good selection of small copper and brass tube. They did have 1/8" od copper tube. I have 1/4" x 1" copper bar. If the person making the piping would like to use copper I can send a piece of copper. That offer goes to anyone else also. If you are willing to whittle your part out of 1/4"x1" I think mixing up the colors of material will be nice. PM me if interested.
Tim

I didn't see you post when I replied. Do you have enough to make all 12? Let me know how much and I can send a check off. PM me or email. (Tim were you having a problem getting something through my email?). Tim if you have a problem getting email to me let me know via a pm here.

Bob

Latest posts

Back