Team build

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drilled and tapped the hole in the back of six bearing blocks last night. I just have to do the holes in the top and do the finish machining to finish them. If this go as planned I should have them done by mid next week. I'll get to try out my new buffing wheel too so I can make the brass nice and shiny ;)

I got some black oxide drill bits and good taps including bottoming taps from McMaster Carr for this project and I can't believe what a difference they make. I had been scraping by on my cheap HF drill bits but after using these I feel I now need ;D a full set of good drill bits and taps. The difference is night and day!

Who is making up the inspection documentation sheets? Do we need to provide material certs. and a Manufacturing Process Plan? ;)

zeusrekning said:
Who is making up the inspection documentation sheets? Do we need to provide material certs. and a Manufacturing Process Plan? ;)

Oh YES!
Please keep in mind:

"A2. ISO 9001:2000, MIL-I-45208, AS9100, or Equivalent as applicable.

The supplier on this order must have an Quality System, conforming to
ISO 9001:2000, MIL-I-45208, AS9100 or Equivalent. All quality
documents must be maintained for a period of 10 years and be available
for review within one business day."

...OK I'll go play somewhere else now... :D

I am totally enjoying watching this whole thing come together!

Great Team Work Guys!!!

Rick

Started on one of my tools tonight:eek:) I'll start a new topic and post a couple pictures.

Wes

Fellow team members I am very pleased and impresses with what i am seeing so far keep up the good work!!!
Tin

I second what Tin said! Great work guys! These will be fun little engines.

Wes

Latest posts

Back