Small V8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!!!!! th_wav

I have been keeping an eye on this build but have said nothing since it is so out of my league it is not even funny!!!

It looks, sounds and is AMAZING!!!! :big:

Would love to see the video of it just purring away!!!!

Congratulations on an excellent engine Steve!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Andrew

stevehuckss396 said:
Thanks again to all!

I will get a better video when things are sorted out. I'll get a few runs on it and loosen things up and then post some good stuff. I still owe Steamer a big Vroom!!

You bet your (@*#$&( YOU DO! ;D

oOOOOOOH Goody goody goody goody!

Dave

A pivotal moment there Steve. Well done. What fuel are you running it on in the video?

Hi Steve.
From the bottom of my hart Steve: THANK YOU FOR letting us follow you on this journy from bar stock to the finnished engine. th_wav

CS
One day when my skills allows...............................

OK Steamer, this is the biggest Vroom this Little Demon can muster. I'm getting good responce from the throttle. I think my valves have seated. Things are loosening up. It'll get better at idle after a few more runs.

SHE'S A RUNNER!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwVfNobk8r0[/ame]

Thats just crying out for a dyno session. Think you can make 4 tiny butterflies and a teeny tiny vacuum diaphram? Im pretty sure I have the whole SIC dyno project in my archives.

Really getting there now :bow: :bow:
still sounds tight, but a few runs will fix that ;D
Fantastic
Pete

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Even sounds like a big one. Beautiful work.

Brock

Woooooopa! Woooooopa!.....followed by nice lumpy cam.....I can't stop listening to it!
:bow: :bow: :bow:
That's what ya call a 8 cylinder orchestra Bubba!

Thanks again Steve!

Dave

That's incredible. You are very talented and I'm so glad you shared this with us.

Regards,
Eric

steamer said:
Woooooopa! Woooooopa!.....followed by nice lumpy cam.....I can't stop listening to it!

Once the engine gets some runtime and loosens up, that cam is going to sound real cool!

Tomorrow I'm going to fill the radiator and see if the pump pumps.

I took it to the hardware store to get an o-ring/fan belt so I would'nt have to guess. Got stopped twice trying to get to the regester by shoppers. Wide eyes in that store.

that sounds very tuff would be nice with a blower whirring away with it and the zoomies. you cant beat the sound of a v8 and hot cam combo im loving it steve

now ya need to build a t bucket for it.???

oh I like lumpy cam.....makes a statement..."Don't )#@* with me"...or at least words and music to that affect.

;D

Dave

G'day Steve,

I just returned home from working away to catch up on the progress. I have been waiting for the day when I could hear this engine run and must say I love it A truly inspirational build thread. Maybe the sound will kick my but into gear to continue on with my engine. I must say thank you very much for the hints and tips I have picked up throughout this build. You must be proud.

Regards Baz ;) ;D

that is one sexc sounding motor! After i have got a few more engines under my belt i am going to built me a v8!

Latest posts

Back