Small V8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I'm late to the party. Congratulations! Now, I have to decide if I'm going to make it to NAMES again net year to see it in person.

That is one very nice piece of engineering art. Your talent is visible in all aspects of the build. Congratulations Steve.

Les

Is the second one at a similar state of completion?

What blows me away is that this project began over a year ago and you have two engines built while I just have some drawings for engines sketched up. Boy I need to get in the shop more and compute less.

I'm away from the forum for a few days and I miss the most important moment of all! Congratulations, Steve - it is so good to hear it run.

Steve,

After the hell we've been through the last few days with the huricane (shop had 2 inches of H2O) and being cutoff, the better running video brought a smile to my face. Thank you.

Bob

steve very impressive build, and top notch work. also thanks for the good build follow along. again great job thanks jonesie

Well the Little Demon V8 project is officially done. Now don't panic, I do plan to carry on to finish the blower motor but I need to take a few days off and relax. I will come back to this thread and post pics when progress starts.

I want to thank everyone who posted kind remarks, suggestions, questions, comments, and help of all kinds. You guy's know who you are. There are way too many to list. Getting past things like crankshafts and sparkplug boots would have been impossible without you.

Many thanks!!!

Steve Huck
AKA stevehuckss396

It took just short of 15 months.

Done1.jpg

Done2.jpg

Done3.jpg

Done4.jpg

Done5.jpg

Done6.jpg

Really nice work. Once I get a few other things competed I will definitely be ordering the plans for this.

Ray

Steve,
When people are awestruck by some of the work they see they comment with adjectives like, beautiful, fantastic, amazing, impressive, incredible and on and on. I wanted to use a word that hadn't been used but still described the work you have done on your engine but couldn't really come up with anything.
Let me just say that it's a mechanical piece of art. From design to build to detailing you have done a superb job. I remember a statement that you made a long time ago, something to the effect of wanting to do work like me as you progressed. Well my friend you have (to slightly distort an old phrase) "met the competition and they are your's".
Nice work.
George

GDay All,

Steve, very well done!

I sent an email to your hotmail address requesting plans ... no reply so far :(

I hope it's because you've been flooded with orders :big:

I can't stop saying that: excellent work - be proud! As was said in cnc-forum: this will be a standard in IC engine building for endless years to come. I think I'll split the sound out of your video and let it run in a loop the whole day :D

No words left other than "Damn Bubba!"

Steve that is "A Mechanical Work Of Art"

:bow: :bow:

trumpy81 said:
I sent an email to your hotmail address requesting plans ... no reply so far :(

I'm sorry Trumpy but I have'nt recieved an email from you.

If you wish to get plans you can send money via Paypal to [email protected]

Engine is $50USD
Blower is $25USD

If that does'nt work for you because you don't use paypal send an email to the above wowway address we can figure out another way.

GDay All,

Thanks Steve. You should get an email shortly ... I hope :big:

My previous email is probably drifting around the internet somewhere. It'll probably show up in a year or two ... :big:

Latest posts

Back