Ocelating IC engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes

Reaction score
I was at a model engine show over the weekend were a man had a IC engine which worked as a ocelating steam engine. It had glow plug ignition, a 1" bore, and 1" stoke. I wish I could post a picture, but didn't have a camera. Has any one heard of, have plans for, or build a engine like this?

Thanks,
Wes

Phil Duclos had one in a magazine some years back. I think he called it a What-zit engine.

Dean

Deanofid said:
Phil Duclos had one in a magazine some years back. I think he called it a What-zit engine.

Dean

Your right Dean. The "Whatzit" engine plans can also be found in the "The Shop Wisdom of Philip Duclos by Village Press, Inc.

Bernd

Well, that is an interesting engine,but the one I saw had no timing gears, and the only difference between it and a steam engine was the glow plug and the intake was hooked up to a gas tank. He even unhooked the gas line and ran it on an air compressor. It was a simple engine made from two pieces of square bar stock.

Wes

Latest posts

Back