new engine No 11

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krv3000

Reaction score
HI all I have started my next engine it a nuther steam engine he is sum pics

DSCF0001.JPG

right started with the Cross Head and crank pics

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

DSCF0008.JPG

after silver soldaring the crank and cross head mashend them up pics

DSCF0009.JPG

DSCF0011.JPG

HPIM0019.jpg

pics of them finished please feel free to ask questions

DSCF0017.JPG

HPIM0021.jpg

HPIM0023.jpg

Looks like you're off to a good start KRV. Is this your design? Is there a pic or sketch of what it will look like?

Bill

HI bill yep its my own design sos no sketch will look a bit like a horizontal Stuart No 10

HI all well i did a bit more today mashend up the cylinder sum pics

HPIM0154.jpg

HPIM0156.jpg

HPIM0157.jpg

HPIM0164.jpg

HI all i did a bit more today mad up the Base for the cylinder out of sum stuff named tufnol its like machining wood I had bin told to where a face mask (didnot no i was that ugly ) ;D bin told its nasty stuff i ruffly cut out the Base plat to right sum pics

HPIM0171.jpg

HPIM0178.jpg

HPIM0180.jpg

Say now, that's shaping up quite well K', nicely done. I always have admired engines that incorporated a trunk guide like that as opposed to a slipper shoe and rails.

BC1
Jim

I like that crank! Looks like this is going to be one attractive engine. I look forward to the finished product.

Ben

HI all I have dun rather a lot to day made up the two end plates made up the piston made up the back support for the crosshead mad up the gland nut right sum pics

HPIM0199.jpg

HPIM0203.jpg

HPIM0204.jpg

HPIM0207.jpg

its all starting to cum together i have a nice bit of stainless steel for the flywheel I think i will do that next

HPIM0190.jpg

HPIM0206.jpg

HPIM0209.jpg

HPIM0212.jpg

HI I ant dun much lately but i made up the Bering blocks for the crank their still not finished I'm waiting for a order of brass to cum so i can start on the con rod if you all remember my last engine i Had to S/S two bits of brass together for the con rod right sum pics of WATS bin dun

0054.jpg

0056.jpg

0057.jpg

0058.jpg

HI all not bin on with this engine much I have finished ruffing out the Bering blocks cut out the blank needed for the crank and that's it a pic

IMG_0057.jpg

HI all right I got rather a lot dun this week made the con rod made the Little end mounted the engine on to the base plate it looks good then I started work on the fly wheel I was gowning to mack the fly wheel out of one peace of stainless steel but just to show off a bit its gnaw getting made out of brass and stainless steel the outer rim will be stainless steel and the center will be brass I marked out the brass disc see pic by the time i had finished it had more lines on it than a map of the London underground right sum pics ples forgive my speling

HPIM0251.jpg

HPIM0261.jpg

HPIM0263.jpg

Back