N.A.M.E.S 2012, Back To the Yack

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was good to be back in the Yak arena, really enjoyed the show both days. I took a few pics that were of interest to me, and I will have them on Photobucket within an hour or so.

What happened with the Model Engine Builder Magazine ? Noticed they were not at the show this year along with alot of other venders.

I had an email from Mike Remus just before the show. He had some medical problems back when registration for vendors was open so he diidnt reserve a table. He was well enough to attend but couldnt get a table at the last minute. He also noted he really needed to stay home and get the latest magazine out.

So, Mike is OK and the next magazine should be out soon.

RonGinger said:
I had an email from Mike Remus just before the show. He had some medical problems back when registration for vendors was open so he diidnt reserve a table. He was well enough to attend but couldnt get a table at the last minute. He also noted he really needed to stay home and get the latest magazine out.

So, Mike is OK and the next magazine should be out soon.

Glad to hear he is doing better now.

These pics were not really taken for public consumption, but somebody might find them interesting, all full size.
http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb479/lakethstadt/Names%20show/?start=all

Best part of the day!

I passed out fliers at the Autorama (Huge hotrod show) downtown at Cobo hall. A half dozen guys came over to my table and said "remember us from cobo!". I did and they said they had just come in and had no idea what to expect. I suggested a route and immediately to my left sat Ron Colonna. I leaned over and told him about the first timers. Being the kind of guy he is he first started the V8. Everybody in the group were wide eyed and elbowing each other. Next was the Harley with about the same reaction. All commenting on how real it sounded of course. Then he started the Offy! When that motor hit 10,000 RPM I looked over at the group and every one of them had to scrape there jaws off the floor.

I turned to my wife an said "You think they will be back next year?" Hahahaha!!

Thanks Ron!!!

Steve: No need to thank me. That is the reason we go to the shows. Sorry I couldn't run the Novi for them. Don't know if that engine will ever be more than a paperweight. I enjoyed myself more than usual since I made it home without anything that needed to be repaired. It was a great show. Always nice to talk to you and your wife. Peg keeps my wife from being bored. Thanks for that. You really put some miles on your models. Don't think they had a chance to cool down all weekend. See you guys at Zanesville I hope. Ron Colonna

As usual the NEMES club web guy, Errol Groff, has posted a huge collection of NAMES show photos on our club site. http://neme-s.org/NAMES_2012/north_american_model_engineering.htm

He even got a couple of my crazy birthday surprise. I always figured NAMES ran the show for my birthday, since it has fallen on a show date darn near every year. Makes a great excuse for buying those casting kits I really need ;D

Ron: And here I always thought that the NAMES show was a celebration of my birthday. Since you have had a couple more of them than me, I will allow you to take the credit. Great photos your buddy took of the show. I for one really appreciate them. I seem to miss so much of what is right in front of my face. I see things in the photos that I'm sure were not at the show. The weekend sure went by fast. Always good to see old friends. (And I mean old!) :big:

Thanks Ron for posting the link and thanks Errol for all the pictures. I like Ron C. get so tied up showing people our engines it's really hard to get around and talk with everyone.
gbritnell

dgjessing said:
Thanks to all the exhibitors! We had a great time ;D My brother (who is a pretty good amateur photographer) took a ton of pictures - I'll try to get him to put them up somewhere for everyone to see.

Here's what he says:

"I've started to put some up - I shot in RAW so I have to edit each pic and my 12 year old computer is slow handling these big files

I've started to put some up at"

http://cgj.smugmug.com/Events/Model-Engineering-Show-Detroit

(There are 46 now - I expect the number to grow...)

Wow, Dave, he's an artist with that camera. Be sure to tell him how much we appreciate him sharing his photos. And thanks to you for pointing us to them.

Really nice camera work.

I had a really good display spot, right between Steve Huck and Ron Colonna. Who could ask for more, V8's on the right and Harley's on the left. Saturday was like being in heaven all day.

For those who haven't visited this thread in a few days there are more pictures posted from the show. Just click on the smugmug link.
gbritnell

Hi Dave,
Do you know if your brother is going to be posting any more pictures from the show? I saw a couple of my Holt and they look great. I would like to know if he took any of my 302 or V-twin.
Thanks,
gbritnell

jpeter said:
Really nice camera work.

I had a really good display spot, right between Steve Huck and Ron Colonna. Who could ask for more, V8's on the right and Harley's on the left. Saturday was like being in heaven all day.
Like sitting in the middle at the Last Supper!

Latest posts

Back