2024 Florida Flywheelers Show

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do I get notified this show is going to happen?

I'm in Melbourne, on the east coast a bit north, but I probably would have driven down to it. I've been to their website but just don't think to go look for stuff like when the show is.

How do I get notified this show is going to happen?

I'm in Melbourne, on the east coast a bit north, but I probably would have driven down to it. I've been to their website but just don't think to go look for stuff like when the show is.
I'm in Saint Cloud I used to go every FEBRUARY a lot of walking but I have a great time their.

FEBRUARY 2024 21-22-23-24

31st annual
Antique Engine & Tractor Show
Featuring Allis Chalmers
And All Flywheel Engines

"How do I get notified this show is going to happen?"
Become a member or visit their site.

https://floridaflywheelers.org/events/

Last edited:
I'm in Saint Cloud I used to go every FEBRUARY a lot of walking but I have a great time their.

FEBRUARY 2024 21-22-23-24

31st annual
Featuring Allis Chalmers
And All Flywheel Engines

"How do I get notified this show is going to happen?"
Become a member or visit their site.

https://floridaflywheelers.org/events/
Thanks!

Is this a monthly thing? I thought once a year when I saw the thread in the "Yesterday's Forum Activity" email.

31st Annual is unlikely to be monthly

31st Annual is unlikely to be monthly

True, but if it's held once a year, then being there a month before with nothing going on doesn't make much sense. In light of the pictures and all. Something must have been going on the week before last, which the OP's first post referred to.

Their website, Events - Florida Flywheelers Antique Engine Club shows last week's was an annual show and the one in February is a different annual show.

JANUARY 2024

17-18-19-20

36TH ANNUAL

Antique Engine &
Tractor “Swap Meet”

and

FEBRUARY 2024

21-22-23-24

31st annual

Featuring Allis Chalmers
And All Flywheel Engines

Thanks!

Is this a monthly thing? I thought once a year when I saw the thread in the "Yesterday's Forum Activity" email.
THE 2023 / 2024
SHOW SEASON
November 8-9-10-11, 2023
January 17-18-19-20, 2024
February 21-22-23-24, 2024

It is open year around for members, to the public only on show times days.

The Park is Open to the General Public DURING EVENTS ONLY.

Attachments

• Show-Season-Schedule.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The showgrounds were a bit muddy yesterday, but clear skies and pleasant low 70's. Two items caught my attention early on that I thought worth sharing.

I never noticed that some of the hit-n-miss engines had split hub flywheels like this treasure of a find. A Fairbanks Morse that some one is taking home from the show. I love the rust/patina finish.

Another oddity is this Aermotor. The owner wasn't present to discuss it but had some information on a sign. Looks like a hybrid water cooled hopper engine but with increased surface area for convection cooling. The advertisement warns that this is the only time the ad will appear.

View attachment 153188View attachment 153185
That part sticking up out of the cylinder is a condenser or radiator. The moisture (don't quite think it is steam) rises up through that, cools down, condenses and falls back into the water jacket around the cylinder. Could even have the water level part way up in that radiator and increase the cooling capactiy.

I will try and remember to post earlier next year about the show. I do look forward to it each year, but I lose track with holidays and other events. There is a show coming up again in February for those that regret not getting there.

The large engine hall has two engines that would be interesting to scale model. The Fairbanks Morse 150 HP and the Fleming steam engine which looks a lot like a Corliss with the four rotary valves. Placard says it's from the Sebring Power Plant which is due south of the fairgrounds. Motorsports fans will recognize the name from the famous 12 hours of Sebring Race.

20240119_121003.jpgFairbanks Morse 150HP.jpg20240119_121432.jpg

There was a small wooden village over near the sawmill that had a variety of items on display. I spotted two small hopper cooled hit and miss engines that were nicely built. The sheet metal gravel mixer and wheelbarrow to right of the yellow engine are very finely detailed

20240119_134427.jpg20240119_134444.jpg

Latest posts

Back